I attempted to write a Dachshund Nola Debates post for today, but I'm just not feeling that organized at the moment, haha. I tried, and nothing happened but a jumble of half formed ideas that didn't make sense even to me. So, here's a quick little update of what we've been up to. I'm going to take lazy one step further and break out the bullets. Brace yourselves, folks. ;)
- As of Dec. 30th, I've cut out virtually all added sugar in my diet. That means that if sugar isn't naturally occurring in the food, I avoid it. It is mind boggling how sugar is in virtually everything! Even things that don't taste sugary have added sugar. The first two or three days were difficult, mostly because I'd have a Coke every other day or so prior to this (caffeine withdrawal headaches are a bitch, let me tell you), but now I feel amazing. I don't feel sluggish at all, I'm sleeping better and on a more normal schedule, I don't feel bloated after eating, my skin is clearer, and my energy is 100x better. I've lost 2lbs, and I wasn't overweight, at all. I'm 5'6", and am 114lbs now. 2lbs of just sugar. It was scary. One of the best parts of doing this is how good food tastes. The flavors are so sharp and vivid, and it's a pleasure to eat. I don't want to eat as much in one sitting, so now I have a small meal every 2 hours or so and feel great. When I'm hungry though, I am absolutely ravenous.
- If anyone is on Goodreads, you might've seen the 2015 reading challenge that's been floating around. I'm an avid reader, and decided to take it. This challenge allowed you to set your own goal, rather than a fixed selection, and I - a bit ambitiously, I'll admit - set my goal to 300 books. It seems like a lot, but with the amount I read I'm confident I'll be able to finish it. I've completed 8 so far, and already have found a book series that's made its way onto my favorites list. A good start, I'd say.
- Nola is learning "Cop Cop", which is a trick where you teach your dog to put their front paws on your feet and to walk with you. We've only done a couple of sessions, but she's doing amazing!
- Pike is a creature of habit. I know this, but I wasn't expecting the freak out that occurred when I switch the location of his crate and tried to have him in a new, slightly larger one. He flipped! He's now back in the crate he's been in since he was a puppy. Crisis averted.
|"I'm a freak!"|
- Olivia has lost nearly all her puppy teeth, and thankfully didn't experience the retained canines that Nola dealt with.
|I'm growing up!|
- On one day
that was colder than a well digger's assholewhen it was quite chilly, the sprinkler was left on overnight so there'd be ice on the tree and grass the following morning. The dogs were fascinated by it! Nola was freezing, of course, but Pike and Livvy enjoy the cold with their thick double coats.
|Pike realized that squatting down to pee left him with some...unpleasant sensations. ;p|
|I prefer the beach, thank you very much.|
What's been going on in your world?