Monday, May 1, 2017

She's Baaaaaack!

Hey guys!

Today I'm here with what I hope to be the last update on Nola's upset stomach. After her vet visit on Tuesday and five doses of whipworm dewormer, she's basically back to her normal self, and better than ever, thankfully!



Her energy is through the roof (she had the best fit of roomies and fetching last night), she's back to being a little porker around food, no nausea, no horrible stomach rumbles, and her poop is almost normal. A tiny bit softer and one additional time than her normal, but she's been sick for three weeks and had a shit ton of medications and antibiotics; it's going to take a little while for digestive tract to heal after all that.



I have to say that I'm really not happy with the experience we had with the first vet she went to. Despite them seeing evidence of whipworms in the fecal they ran, and prescribing her dewormer, they called almost immediately and told me not to give it to her, instead keeping her full of antibiotics (despite there being no signs of infection) and other medication to treat symptoms rather than the source. Never mind the whole smacking an obscure diagnosis on her and giving even more medication that they said could take an additional three weeks to clear up her supposed condition.... Oh, and don't forget $600 for something that just kept her sick.



I'm so, so glad I listened to my gut and got a second opinion, and so glad my baby's okay! Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear she's back to herself for the most part! I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal to get to that point, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Nola; I'm glad she's doing so well. And yay for you too, for working so hard to get Miss Nola where she is today. It's so hard to see our little ones sick and worse when it continues because of a wrong diagnosis or bad advice. I'm so happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you are getting back to yourself Ms. Nola
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy that Nola is feeling better. Never return to that first vet. We have burned through lots of vets in our time. Find the right one and if they are wrong once look for another one. Keep up the good work Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad that she is feeling better and getting back to herself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that Nola is back to her adorable self. I had to change vets for a similar problem. They did a ton of tests and x-rays on Bentley when all he needed was some probiotics. They finally admitted they had no idea what caused his diarrhea that it is just something that happens from time to time?!? WTH??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!