Monday, May 8, 2017

Checking In With Pets Deli - Final Thoughts

Hey guys!







Disclaimer: I am being compensated to share this product. I only share products and services I feel good about recommending to my readers, and all opinions are my own. 

Remember a few weeks ago when I talked about Pets Deli dog food? If not, that post is right here, but I'll share a little snippet of our previous post below.

Pets Deli is a European company that just became available in the US. They ship customizable frozen food right to your door, made with all USA sourced ingredients that are 100% human grade. They currently offer three different, single source protein meal options: chicken, turkey and beef. All are available in either with or without carb options, and chicken and beef are grain free carb options.

At this moment, Pets Deli is intended to be used as supplemental feeding only. That could be as a meal every couple days, an afternoon snack, or as a kibble topper. However, Pets Deli will be putting out a supplement powder that will ship with every box of food, and makes the food a complete and balanced diet that can be fed on its own.


The first thing I have to say about Pets Deli is how kind and caring their staff was. As you all know, Nola was sick nearly all of April, and I had to push this post back at least once because she either wasn't eating, or her stomach couldn't handle anything but the most bland of foods; not once did I ever feel irritation or pressure from the wonderful Pets Deli rep. Quite the opposite, actually! They were caring, considerate, and incredibly accommodating. They even sent Miss Nola a card! I really can't say enough good things about their customer service.

Yes, she prefers a glass bowl. Not spoiled, not at all. 



Due to the aforementioned sickness (and how long a certain vet dragged it out for....), Nola's digestive  tract took a serious beating and is still healing up. Because of that, she's been put on a kibble based diet while her system sets itself back in order. 
However, I still want to give her the benefits of raw food, and Pets Deli has been the perfect topper for her. A couple spoonfuls on top of her breakfast each morning gives her variety and flavor, and me the pleasure of knowing I'm giving her something so healthy. 



As for improvements, I'd still like to see more protein options added. I'm starting to wonder if Nola is developing an allergy to chicken, and I know a lot of dogs have allergies or sensitivities to beef or chicken, which are two Pets Deli's main meats.

I'd also like to see a smaller delivery size option. We were sent a 6 pack, which is 12lbs, and it's a lot of food for a dog as small as Nola is. My freezer is minuscule, and if there wasn't an additional one in the shed, I'd have no where to put the food, especially not at the rate she eats. That's definitely #SmallDogProblems, though!

The website is still clean and user-friendly, as is the "my account" section. I poked around in there a bit, and was able to quickly and seamlessly make adjustments and changes to my account and orders. 

Its current use as a topper. This is the turkey variety. 



Nola hasn't had any negative side effects from Pets Deli, and is always eager to eat each morning - so much so that she dances around my legs and makes navigating the kitchen each morning (without stepping on her!) quite the feat. 
Probably the best way I know of telling if a food is working for Miss Nola is whether or not her eyes start to get a little gunky. Eye funk = this isn't working. I'm happy to say her eyes are as clear and bright as ever on Pets Deli.

Overall, I'm very impressed with Pets Deli, and would definitely recommend them, especially if you have a smaller dog. You can use the code NOLA50 for 50% off your first order.

Thank you for working with us, Pets Deli!


4 comments:

  1. Wow that stuff looks worth a try
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa, that stuff looks gooooood! Yeah, we wouldn't have the storage problem...I eats a lot! BOL okays, less now that Ma is watchin' my every morsel, butts that's a story for another time...
    Ma will have to check this out! Thanks for the discount code and the review
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it! It sounds a lot like what we prepare for R. We had to buy a huge freezer to hold his meat and then his prepared food :) No, we don't spoil our dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!