Friday, March 31, 2017

Nola, Spoiled? Maybe! - Pets Deli Raw Food

Hey y'all!

Disclaimer: I am being compensated to share this product. I only share products and services I feel good about recommending to my readers, and all opinions are my own. 

In the past two or so years, I've become really interested  in nutrition and the impact that our diets have on our overall health, for both us and our pets. I always try and feed the best quality diet possible, but...I'm really lazy when it comes to any sort of meal prep. I can barely put together my own meals as it is. ;)
That's why I was so excited when Pets Deli contacted me and asked if we'd like to try out their fresh, raw diet. This will be my initial thoughts and experience with the website, and then in a couple of weeks I'll share how Nola's doing on it and my final thoughts. Let's jump right in!



Pets Deli is a European company that just became available in the US. They ship customizable frozen food right to your door, made with all USA sourced ingredients that are 100% human grade. They currently offer three different, single source protein meal options: chicken, turkey and beef. All are available in either with or without carb options, and chicken and beef are grain free carb options.



In the future, I'd like to see a few more protein options for any dogs that have allergies to the more common meats. I'd also like to see a third choice of a really meat heavy option with only one veggie source.





At this moment, Pets Deli is intended to be used as supplemental feeding only. That could be as a meal every couple days, an afternoon snack, or as a kibble topper. However, in April Pets Deli will be putting out a supplement powder that will ship with every box of food, and makes the food a complete and balanced diet that can be fed on its own.



The website experience was streamlined and very easy to follow. There were several options to customize the food choices, including the choice of either a 6 pack (12lb) or 12 pack (24lb) bundle, and the option to customize and combine all three different meal plans. The subscription plan can be easily configured and changed at any time, or paused or canceled at any time.




My favorite part, aside from the whole fresh food aspect, is the free shipping!




The food was shipped right to our front door, and was packed on dry ice. Even in the 90 degree heat, it was still nearly totally frozen upon arrival.





Nola was very eager to try out this food - no surprise there! She's your typical dachshund and loves to eat, so she isn't the best judge of food. Pike, on the other hand, is incredibly persnickety in everything, especially when it comes to food. When I offered him a bowl, and after he'd given it a careful once-over, he gave it a hesitant taste...and then another, and another. He finished the whole bowl, and seemed eager for more!
The cats were also incredibly interested, too. I'd like to see Pets Deli offer a cat line in the future!

So far there's been no negative side effects from this food. Nola's been getting some in the afternoons and it seems to really keep her feeling full and satisfied. Pike's been getting some to top his kibble; he gets tear stains a lot and I can't find what's triggering them, so I figured I'd see and if this would help him.




You can use the code NOLA50 for 50% off your first order from Pets Deli!







SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Wow that stuff sure looks worth a try. We never heard of it before
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it. Why should dogs eat whatever thing but real food? They are family and we want always the best for them. Congratulations for being a wonderful dog's mom. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have never heard of this before. I cook for my girls so maybe I will look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks good!! Mama is thinking I might need to switch to completely raw cause I am so picky wif my kibble. Her puts in mix in's of organic food. I always pic around and eat all da good stuff ;)

    xoxo,
    Matt (& Matilda)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to check this out! Cas has food allergies so we have to be careful with him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!