Monday, January 30, 2017

And Then There Were Two....

I don't know how this happened. Really, I don't. 

Actually, I do. Blame Salem, and her non-catlike self that has made me enjoy having a cat. I swore this would never happen, but it has.

I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to the Dachshund Nola family, an 8 week old, fluffy tabby girl kitten. 

This is Lucinda! Also called Lucy, Luce, Lucifer, and little devil child. 




She was born to a young mama cat that had a very rough time before my mom found and rescued her (my mom is turning into such an animal nut. I love it!). She was quite pregnant and had her kittens a couple weeks after being saved. She gave birth to 5 healthy babies, 2 girls and 3 boys. Since mama cat was (and still is) with my mom, I was lucky enough to see and be involved with everything from day one. I actually got to witness the birth, and assisted with a stuck kitten!

Just born, a tiny 2oz!



Luce is the bravest, sweetest, more curious little thing ever. She's a little prickly around the dogs at times, then other times she gets along famously. She likes Salem (Salem has a love/hate relationship with her right now), eats like a little pig, and LOVES to play. She plays way more than Salem did at this age, but she is a much healthier and more robust baby than Salem was. She's also incredibly smart!
Nola is thrilled to have another kitten!

The MonChi just ate, and wasn't too happy with the kitten trying to clean off her face. 

This was definitely more of a hate moment. ;)






I can't believe I now have two cats, but I really couldn't be happier. They're the perfect mix, and both are definitely more doglike than catlike!


That said, this is my last cat. Two's my limit, and I'm so happy with the mix we have. Welcome, little Luce!

Goodbye!

11 comments:

  1. She is just gorgeous! Luce looks like a real character, you are going to have your hands full with those two - still not as bad as a whippet though! 😂
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family, Lucinda! She is the cutest ball of fuzz....you sure get lucky when adopting kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable!! Looks like a gray version of Matilda.

    xoxo,
    Bell Fur Zoo Mana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats find you, they always do! Adorable pictures, she's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what?!? but omd, how adorable is she. she is just precious.
    welcome to the family little one!
    wags, bailey unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!! How incredibly precious!!!!! Your pictures are amazing, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats are like that. You figure, what is one more once you already have one. I've been debating adding another cat to my house, but am not sure if I really want to, or if it is just my inner crazy cat lady calling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you've done it again. You've made my mom squeal because she couldn't stand the cute...BOL Welcome Luce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie pie! Congrats on the new addition. I've been considering getting a kitten the last several springs because Soth was already 1 when I got him and I missed the kitten adorableness, but I don't think I can handle being a two cat person ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!