Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Days of Thanks, No. 3

I'm (usually! ;)) thankful for the supporting cast, the minions, the peanut gallery. Nola is in a class all her own, and no other animal will ever be able to compare to her. However, my other pets each have their own special place in my life, and I'm so grateful to have them!



Pike


Oh, Pike. We don't always get along, and god knows he's a jerk, but he's my jerk. I love how playful he is and how he adores children, and grooming is a special time that he loves so much.



Salem


My CatDog. The foster failure and the cat that changed my mind about cats. She's smart, hilarious, loving, and a total foodie. I can't imagine not having her now!





I am also thankful for the way some things just fall into place. As you all know, we lost Layla at the end of October. It was a horrific and unexpected event, and it is still so upsetting. 

And yet sometimes, in the wake of tragedy, new beginnings happen and help to heal the pain. I was definitely not looking or expecting it to happen, but when it's right, it happens. 





This is Lachlan. She (yes, she - just a gender bender name) is a 9 week old Beagle, and is a rescue. 
She didn't have the best start in life at all, but now she's found her forever home with us.


Aside from a few issues with self soothing and bite inhibition, she's a wonderful puppy. Social, outgoing, incredibly loving, busy and playful. She's fitting in beautifully, and Nola has played more since she's been here than she has in years. I'm so happy the twist of fate put her in my path! There's nothing quite like puppy healing. 





8 comments:

  1. Lachlan is so cute! I love that picture of her in the leaves. I'm so happy you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola that kid looks a bit like you BOL. Mom feels about me the way you feel about Nola. It's a real love
    Lily (& Edward)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Lachian! The healing powers of a puppy are magical...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amanda - I didn't know you had lost Layla. I will go back to find out more but I am so incredibly sorry. I know how special she was and my heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your new little girl. It's easy to see Lachlan and Nola are best buds already.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable. congratulations. I have been bad about reading. I am so sorry to hear about Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so much to be thankful for. Welcome little Lachlan! And happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!