Friday, September 16, 2016

Nutro Wild Frontier Dog Food

Hey, guys!

Disclaimer: I was sent a free product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. 

Our friends over at Chewy.com asked if we wanted to try Nutro Wild Frontier dog kibble for the month of September. My pups are chow hounds, so I jumped at the chance! This post is about my initial impression of the food, and I'll check in with you all later of how it all goes.



I feed a rotation diet, so my dogs are used to all different types and proteins, and can switch around without a fuss. Since Nola is nearly exclusively on freeze dried raw, and Layla is a giant breed puppy and the food is for adults, Pike is going to be testing this out.



The Wild Frontier line comes in Woodland (venison), Cold Water (salmon), Open Valley (chicken), and Rolling Meadows (lamb). Pike is a huge lamb fan, so I selected Rolling Meadows for him. It comes in either a 4lb or 24lb bag, and the food is 32% protein and grain free. It's not an especially strong smelling food, which I really appreciate it!



Good sized kibble!



Pike tends to be a bit of a hard keeper; it's not that he doesn't eat (because he can be a bit of a pig), but his metabolism is quite high and he can fluctuate down a pound or two. He's been on Wild Frontier for about two weeks now, and has stayed at the same weight! He's eating 3/4 cup, though would eat more if I let him.

"Hi, I'm Pike, and I must be difficult in every aspect of life." :p


Nola is intrigued by the food, and will happily work for it in training.

The girls!


Overall, I'm happy so far!

- Dachshund Mommy

5 comments:

  1. We heard that's some good stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this is a big hit with everyone :) I always forget that kibble can make a good reward in training, too, and then someone mentions it and I'm like oh, right, I could save a little bit of breakfast and dinner for training sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Pike has an alli in Cricket, she is also an insane little mo-fo!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!