Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Vets and #12BRAVECTO






This post is sponsored by BRAVECTO® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about BRAVECTO.  But we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Neither Intervet Inc., nor Merck & Co Inc., are responsible for the content of this article and have not written, reviewed, or edited it in any fashion. For more information about BRAVECTO please click here. 




Greetings fellow pet lovers! I hope those of you in the northern hemisphere are enjoying the dog days of summer. Personally, living in beautiful but hot and humid Florida, I'm over the summer! The heat, the rain, the bugs....enough already! I'm ready for fall weather, for the cooler days, for sweaters and hikes in the woods.

The only bad thing about those hikes are the little creatures who want a ride home with us. There's nothing quite as gross as ticks to me. The legs! The crawling sensation! The burrowing! The blood sucking! Not to mention the diseases they can spread to our pets.


For Nola, I've chosen to use BRAVECTO® (Fluralander) to keep her safe from not only those nasty ticks, but also from fleas and flea infestations. I know when we go on a hike that BRAVECTO is protecting her from black legged ticks, American dog ticks and brown dog ticks as well as lone star ticks.
We both love that BRAVECTO is an easy to give chew that Nola thinks is a treat!






Nola is my heart dog and I am incredibly careful with her health, so before starting Nola on BRAVECTO, I spoke with our vet about some of my concerns.

I didn't want to have to dose her more than necessary, so I was thrilled with the 12 week prevention (8 weeks on lone star ticks)* that BRAVECTO gives her. Not only is she protected from ticks but also fleas and flea infestations.

BRAVECTO  is safe for both Nola and Pike, since they are over 6 months (Nola will be 6 in October, and Pike is now 2.5 years old...how did this happen?!), but puppies under 6 months would have to wait to use BRAVECTO due to their rapid growth and fluctuating weight. 

As with any medications, there's a balance between benefits and risks. With BRAVECTO, my vet told me that adverse reactions reported were vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea, polydipsia and flatulence. Nola has had no problems and I rest easier knowing I don't have to worry about fleas and ticks.

BRAVECTO is available by prescription only from your veterinarian. 

You can learn more about BEAVECTO  here, and find them on Facebook here.

Join me and Nola in a happy world tick and flea free!





- Dachshund Mommy 



DISCLAIMER: *Bravecto kills fleas, prevents flea infestations, and kills ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick) for 12 weeks. Bravecto also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks. 


Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information published. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the USA product label or package. More product information is available here: https://intervetus.naccvp.com/product/view/1047512?e=d97b22ed63e734e84c1a5910a9c8f531z1688

6 comments:

  1. Such a nice post.The pictures are so touching full of emotions
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will happily trade you some of our cold breezy summer weather, lol.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some awesome stuff about Bravecto! We are thinking about switching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some good stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!