Friday, August 26, 2016

#ChewyInfluencer Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Market

Hey, everyone!




Disclaimer: I was sent a free product in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. 

It's time for our monthly Chewy.com review! This time around we're trying out Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Market freeze dried raw food. This grain free, raw food comes in either small pellets, for lack of a better description, or nuggets, and there are formulas available for both dogs and cats. There's several different flavors, and they go for around $25 a bag.



Nola eats an even split of high quality, grain free, high protein kibble and freeze dried raw, so this is the perfect product for her to test out. She absolutely loves it, either as a meal alone, a topper, or treats. There isn't an incredibly overwhelming scent to it like some freeze dried foods, and you can clearly see the bits of sweet potato, blueberries, and peas mixed in with the raw chunks.





It does take quite a bit of time to completely hydrate; upwards of 20 minutes when you use hot water. Luckily Nola isn't remotely picky, and is fine eating it with a tiny bit of "crunch".

Still not fully absorbed. 

I will mention that the suggested portions are way off. The guidelines for a dog Nola's size is 1 cup of food, and that's just way too much for a dog under 10lbs in most cases. Nola eats 1/2 cup per day, which actually comes out around to 3/4c once it's fully rehydrated.


Overall, Nola loved this food and I'm happy with the quality. For a small dog like Nola, the cost isn't bad, either! I think this will be added to her rotation. :)

- Dachshund Mommy

7 comments:

  1. That looks yummy but I bet my belly would hurt after eating all that food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thanks for the share!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem like great food, but too pricey for my chow hounds! It makes a good treat though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good! I usually find the suggested portions on packages are on the generous side too.
    Looking forward to seeing both our brindle girls growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like good stuff. FWIW, Ptera weighs 10.5 lbs and eats a cup of food per day. But I think she is abnormal in that, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!