Friday, July 8, 2016

What You See Isn't What You Get #12BRAVECTO

Hey, everyone!


It's officially summer (as of...oh, about three weeks ago. Better late than never?), though here in Florida, we've been baking for months in the grueling heat, not to mention practically swimming in humidity. I swear, this summer is more...damp than normal. It's nasty, not to mention sweaty!

I wish this was some cool vignette effect I added in postproduction, but no. It's so humid that my camera fogs up anytime I step outside.  



This post is sponsored by BRAVECTO® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about BRAVECTO.  But we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Neither Intervet Inc., nor Merck & Co Inc., are responsible for the content of this article and have not written, reviewed, or edited it in any fashion. For more information about BRAVECTO please click here.






And of course with summer comes fleas...well, really it's just an increase in fleas, since those vile creatures are a year round threat. As a life long Floridian - and the owner of a flea allergic dog - I can attest to that! Don't even get me started on ticks...*shudders and frantically brushes off all exposed skin* Luckily, BRAVECTO® (Fluralaner) is available from your veterinarian, and is a tasty pill that offers up to 12 weeks of protection against fleas and ticks*, for dogs 6 months of age and older. You can read more about BRAVECTO in our first post here, and some more safety information here
Now, let's talk about how freaked out bugs make me. :)

I hate bugs, especially our Florida bugs that can look like something out of a B-grade sci-fi movie. Seriously, do you even know how terrifying a 5" cockroach is??? It's just not normal! Well, I suppose it's normal for here, but I sure wish it weren't. Ugh, makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. A bug should never rival my dog's head in size. Nope, not ever.
I may or may not admit to standing on a chair, whimpering feebly and shifting foot to foot, a shoe in one hand and a bottle of soap in the other (to slow the roach down and/or drown it...duh), anytime I encounter a roach. 

My phobia isn't limited to the freakishly large pests, either. After roaches (and spiders!), fleas are one of my most hated enemies. Not only are they nasty and creepy, what with that whole jumping 7-13" in a single bound thing, but Nola has flea allergies. Even a single flea leaves her a hot mess, chewing herself and scratching, with rednesses and rashes galore. It's horribly sad to see, so prevention is absolutely vital in her case, as with any flea allergic pup.


"I hate fleas!"


Unfortunately, it's never "just one flea". What you see on your pet is just the very tip of the iceberg; for every 10 adult fleas you see, there's likely at least 40 more adults you aren't seeing. With those 40 adults, it's possible to have as many as 80 pupae (cocoons), 280 larvae, and 400 eggs hiding around your house. *shudders and frantically brushes off skin again, adding in a bit of scratching* Fleas will hide in carpet, rugs, bedding (pet and people...think about that in your bed!), furniture, and even cracks in the flooring. 
Routine flea control is the absolute best way to prevent the above scenario, and trust me when I say that you don't want it to escalate to that. It's hard to get rid of the buggers! It's difficult to break that lifecycle. 

With BRAVECTO, you prevent fleas and ticks for up to twelve weeks; that's nearly three times longer than a monthly treatment! It starts working within two hours, and kills 100% of fleas in twelve hours. 


Talk to your vet about proper flea and tick control for your pup, and see if BRAVECTO is right for you. 

Do you have any fun summer plans for you and your dog?

- Dachshund Mommy







DISCLAIMER: *Bravecto kills fleas, prevents flea infestations, and kills ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick) for 12 weeks. Bravecto also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks. 


Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information published. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the USA product label or package. More product information is available here: https://intervetus.naccvp.com/product/view/1047512?e=d97b22ed63e734e84c1a5910a9c8f531z1688

9 comments:

  1. Fleas are horrible!! Omg been there man. I've seen some things. As you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy we never had fleas. Good to know of another preventative
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about switching to Bravecto! I've heard great things about it!

    We don't have a whole lot planned for this summer, although we are going to take a short road trip at the end of July with the girls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started using Bravecto for my girls last year. I had tried going the natural route, but it just wasn't enough to tackle the fleas Ducky got at daycare (and brought home to share with Shadow). Bravecto works great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to know of another preventive for fleas! Flea Allergies must be awful!! Thanks for this very informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like bugs either. Even a tiny something that RUNS AT ME will get me squealing. I'll kill it mind you, but I'll squeal the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor Nola! A flea allergy living in a warm climate is no fun - thank goodness for Bravecto! Nola needs to be well protected.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always always a concern! Thank you for speaking out about this. Back in the day, looonnnggg time ago, we just gave our pups a pill and hoped it would work. So glad the veterinary world has come a long way in treating fleas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for these tips. Fleas are terrible. They have to be nipped in the bud.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!