Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Our BlogPaws Packing Lists

Hey, everyone!


We're nearly ready for BlogPaws 2016 in Phoenix, Arizona! This will be our first conference, first trip anywhere on the west side, and our first plane voyage. I'm nervous and excited! And anxious. Very, very anxious. Just check out yesterday's post and see!

I used this post as my packing check list, but I figured I would share it here! Perhaps I'm weird, but I really enjoy seeing what other pet parents pack when they travel with their animals. :D This is a more detailed post than Friday's general list, with a few added things y'all mentioned!






Nola's Packing List

  • 1 bag of Primal freeze dried food (beef; last week was duck!)
  • 2 large bags of treats
  • 1 bag of assorted chews (bully sticks, a cow ear, a braided bully stick, a chicken foot, a Kong, ect) to keep her busy during workshops and help her ears pop on the flights
  • Joint supplement and digestive support (she's a good traveler, but it's still a stressful experience and I want to help her out as much as possible) 
  • Electrolyte mix
  • Water bottle 
  • 2 collapsable bowls
  • 1 roll of Earth Rated poop bags + poop bag holder
  • Dremel
  • 2 new Skineez tug toys (has to be new, or the diva won't play)
  • 1 leash...and an extra 
  • 5 collars
  • 5 ID tags 
  • 2 harnesses
  • Sling carrier
  • Stroller
  • Baitbag & clicker
  • Pee pads
  • Sleepypod carrier
  • Pawz boots
  • Thundershirt
  • Rescue Remedy and calming treats, for the flight and just in case
  • Pet wipes
  • Her blanket
  • Health records
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste


Luckily Nola is small, and all but her stroller fits with plenty of room in my  suitcase. :p




My Packing List

  • Camera + 18-55mm lens and backup SD card
  • Laptop
  • Notebook and 3 pens
  • Business cards. Lots of em
  • Chargers for phone, Kindle, camera, and laptop
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 2 tanktops
  • 2 pairs of dressy shorts
  • 2 blouses
  • 1 causal dress
  • 1 dressy dress for the Nose to Nose awards ceremony and dinner Saturday evening
  • 2 jacket/cardigan
  • 3 clutch purses (because wardrobe changes)
  • Kelly Moore camera/laptop bag
  • 3 pairs of shoes: ballet flats, running shoes, and heels
  • Jewelry
  • 2 pair pajamas 
  • Socks
  • Bras/panties
  • Running clothes (Phoenix is 2 hours behind us, and I'll be up around sunrise while there. Nola and I need morning exercise, or we'll never be able to handle a busy conference :p)
  • Bathroom stuff: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, coconut oil (best moisturizer ever for sensitive skin), poof, toothbrush & paste, mouthwash, feminine hygiene products, sun screen
  • Cosmetics: eyeliner, eyeshadow, concealer (stress breaks me out. Sigh), powder, mascara, lip gloss, tinted lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick, eyelash curler
  • Hairbrush, bobby pins, ponytail holders, clips
  • Phone
  • Wallet with ID and money
  • Earbuds
  • Kindle loaded with new books
  • Small first aid kit with bandaids/basic medication, ect. Will be shared between me and Nola
  • Snacks. My metabolism burns through food like crazy, resulting in me needing to eat every two hours or so. If not, hanger sets in. No one wants to see me hangry. It's not pretty.
  • Portable charger




Have I missed anything??? I think I overpacked....but oh well!

Thanks!

- Dachshund Mommy










SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you've got it all covered and by sharing this you also added a few things to my list of stuff to pack for my guys when we travel. Have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!!! (I get so nervous over traveling as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the European packing list BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my memory, the conference always had a morning exercise class of some kind first thing, that was dog friendly. Yoga, or similar, I believe. So you might try that out instead of or along with your run. I never ended up going to one because I was traveling the opposite way, and needed that hour of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excessive Heat Warning
    Greater Phoenix Area, Arizona
    7 hours ago – National Weather Service
    remains in effect until 8 PM MST Thursday ... Temperature: Highs generally ranging from 110 to 115 degrees in the afternoon with little overnight relief ...

    HAVE A FUN TRIP. MY NIECE SAYS IT IS VERY HOT THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I always tend to over pack for trips! It drives my husband crazy and we never use all the stuff I bring but it makes me feel better knowing that I have everything if I do need it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really hot here and even the overnight lows are not really lows. I am sure you already know, but a lot of people underestimate the heat and its effects. B and I live here and I only take her out this time of year before the sun has a chance to pierce the horizon. Stay safe and enjoy the conference! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!