Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Salem Update #ChewyInfluencer

Hey, everyone!

Disclaimer: I was provided a free product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.


Today I have an update for you on our foster kitten, Salem. She's about 6 weeks old now, and has changed so much. She was so thin and sickly when she came here, but you'd never know it now. She's now weighing in at 1lb 6oz, instead of the 9-10 she arrived at. She is incredibly playful, sweet, loving, and thinks climbing is the most fun thing ever.


She uses the litter box fine, and hasn't been bothered by much in our loud and busy home. She loves to be near people (sometimes too much - I've stepped on her a few times!), and comes running when called. She's more doglike than catlike! She gets along great with Nola, though I do wish she wasn't quite so passive when Nola gets a tad obnoxious when she initiates play.
She is so freaking vocal. She always has something to say, and it is always loud. It's adorable!

A big question we've been getting is will she be a foster failure? Well...I don't know. :p I'm smitten, but don't know if I can get past the litter box. Now, if she could go outside to potty like a dog, that'd be perfect....

She's eating free choice dry food, and canned food two or three times a day. This has helped hugely with gaining weight!



She is a complete and utter chow hound. She rivals a dog with the stuff she's willing to eat; anything that falls on the floor is fair game. Mealtime is the best time, in her opinion, and her current favorite is Nature's Variety Instinct Grain Free Canned Cat Food. Our friends over at Chewy.com sent her over a case to try, and the little porker was all too happy to oblige.






It comes in several flavors, including chicken, rabbit, duck, salmon, and beef. Salem is eating the chicken, and it is 95% chicken, turkey and liver. I love how healthy it is for her!


One of the most important things, to me, is that this food is all life stages, meaning you can feed it from kitten to adult to senior.

It does have a strong smell, but it's not as offensive as some of the ones she's tried. It agrees with her stomach, and she scarfs it down. She's caterwaul when she hears me open the can! Side note: it makes a very high value dog treat, too. ;)




Overall, we're very impressed with this food and would recommend it!

- Dachshund Mommy








7 comments:

  1. Salem is SO cute when she's eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola what do you think about that kitty
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of litter boxes and it's a big reason why I won't have a cat again (that and I'm so much more a dog person). My 18 year old kitty eats Instinct canned food and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salem is like the BEST name ever. That's the name of Sabrina the Teenage Witch's cat, hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's very cute! I am sort of hoping you foster fail! :D Come to the dark side, we have kitties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet salem is doing so well under your care! she and nola look like they are becoming best buds.
    wags, bailey unleashed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!