Tuesday, June 14, 2016

2016 Is Our Biggest Year Yet! #BlogPaws

Hey, everyone!

2016 is going to be a huge year for Dachshund Nola! Not only do we have our European voyage this fall (a Nola International post should be up in a week or so), but I have a very exciting announcement to share with you all today!

This post is sponsored by Wellness® Pet Food and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I have been selected as a Sponsored Blogger to attend the BlogPaws 2016 Conference on behalf of Wellness, however we only work with brands we love. BlogPaws and my Sponsor are not responsible for the content of this article.




Dachshund Nola will be attending the 2016 BlogPaws Pet Blogging Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!   What is BlogPaws, you may ask? Well, it's a huge event in the pet blogging community that offers workshops, networking opportunities, a busy exhibit hall, various brand events and much more. The best part is that it's entirely pet friendly! Yep, that's right - every part of the conference welcomes pets, all kinds of pets!

We are being sponsored to attended on behalf of Wellness®, and I couldn't be more thrilled and grateful to such an amazing company. Nola loves their air dried kibble, and she concurs that this is a very exciting opportunity. Personally, I think she's just hoping to score some Wellness treats at the event. After all, not many people can resist that face. ;)





I'm so excited, thrilled and admittedly a bit anxious to attend. So many people I "know" are attending, and I have the distinct feeling I'm going to only know them by their pets; "oh look, it's (insert dog's name)! And, uh...you!". I wish I was kidding, haha.


The number one question is bound to be "are you brining Nola with you?", and the answer is a resounding yes! Honestly, I don't think my anxiety-plauged self could handle a flight and busy conference without her, haha. Our flights are booked with Southwest, and Nola is flying in cabin with me. One of the perks of a small dog! We fly out Wednesday the 22nd, and should arrive in Phoenix around 1pm. Then it's the conference, and flying back home on Sunday the 26th, arriving home that evening. It's going to be so busy, and I'm excited as all get out.

In reality, I'm not foreseeing any problems at all for Nola at the conference. We'll both be getting plenty of exercise before it starts each day, and she'll have her safe places with her sling and stroller. So long as there's no escape of a small and furry in her path, we should be good.
That hasn't stopped my mind from coming up with a myriad of horrible, completely out of character for her scenarios, though. Everything from her escaping at the airport (you know, from inside her secure carrier. The same dog that's never more than 5 feet from me), to her not being content to sit through the workshops (that's more likely something that will happen with me....) has crosse my mind, and it's kind of exhausting. I'm so ready to get to the conference and have fun, rather than build myself up for some imagined catastrophe that won't come to pass, haha.

"That woman is going to make me go grey."

I'm getting everything ready to go, and still have a few things left to grab. Shopping is this week, but Nola's stroller is ordered, business cards ready, all that jazz. Right now I'm ogling cute shoes and waffling on spending money on them. :p



Are any of you all coming to BlogPaws? If so, come say hi! I'll be the jittery girl with the Nikon and the blinged out Dachshund. :)

- Dachshund Mommy


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogPaws Pet Influencer Network. The opinions and text are all mine.

9 comments:

  1. 2016 is a super exciting year for you...and mom and I are so exited for you about it! We can't wait to see the things that happen at Blogpaws....AND your voyage! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bow wow, so exciting!

    Your pal,
    Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet you & Nola! I have SO much to do before we hit the road on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was going but being poor sucks and I was too shy to ask for a sponsor. Plus, I hate leaving my dogs at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going for the first time this year. I'm leaving my dogs at home which relieves me of some anxiety but also causes other anxiety. It will be the longest i've ever been away from them, but they love their "grandma" and I know they'll have a good time with her while I'm gone. It's my first conference in general so I'm a bundle of nerves as I just don't really know what to expect and I'm a pretty shy person. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two will do a great job representing all of us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your sponsorship with Wellness. I look forward to meeting you and Nola next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be our first time, I had the exact same worry - that I'd recognize pets and not their owners, lol! Nola looks so ready.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!