Friday, May 20, 2016

Nail Time With Primal Treats!

Hey, everyone!


Disclaimer: I received a free product in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.



It's my birthday today and I'm sick (happy birthday to me...), so this will be short!

As I've mentioned before, Nola's nails have been a constant battle for months and months, first with counter conditioning her to the dremel and then working on getting the length way down. We're finally at a point where Nola is good about nail grinding, and her nails are nice and short. They still need done every other day, and Chewy.com makes it easy to keep the experience positive with Primal Munchies!



These single ingredient, US made treats come in several flavors, and are a high value reward that works for any variety of situations. They come in different sizes chunks that are easy to break up, or feed whole. I break them into pieces for training, but give the whole chunks for nail grooming since it takes about 1-2 nails for her to eat them. 




They do have a smell, but it's not terribly strong and washes off easily. These are high quality treats that Nola loves, and I'm very happy with. 

- Dachshund Mommy

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I wonder why some dogs' nails grow so fast. What is the deal with that? I have to file B's nails with the glass file at LEAST every other day to keep them from getting too long. She's gotten way better about letting me do it and for longer periods of time so I suppose it could be argued that it isn't a battle so much as another opportunity to bond with B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! Mom wishes she could dremel mine like she did sisser Ginger's but I hates the sound so she has to file them with a nail file ;)

    Happy Birthday!! We hope you feel better soon.

    xoxo, Matt & The Bell Fur Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very happy birthday! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer...being sick on your birthday is sucky!! We hope it is filled with lots of Nola snuggles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some good stuff there!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, hope you're starting to feel better. These Primal treats are a good size, glad Nola likes them. :) Treats make nail trimming so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!