Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Looking Oh So Fabulous with Bonjour Fido Collars!

Hey, everyone!


It's no secret I'm a collar addict; Nola's collection of bling, flair and fun is both impressive and embarrassing. I'm thrilled to share Bonjour Fido! collars with you today!


Bonjour Fido (on Instagram @bonjourfido) collars are hand crafted in New York from high quality nylon webbing, strong metal hardware in both gold or silver, and more gorgeous designs than even a collar addict like myself could ask for.  Here's a little about the company:

About Us:
bonjour fido! is all about creating Preppy, Chic, and Fun designs for your adorable dog to wear! We take great care in designing each of our products and pride ourselves in creating unique items that are individually handcrafted right here in New York. Fashion and function are always at the forefront of all our creations which is why we only use premium materials and high-end metal hardware for added strength and durability.  

Our Story:
My inspiration for bonjour fido! started when my puppy Napoleon came into my life back in 2012.  He was my first dog and I was surprised at how difficult it was to find truly fashionable, fun, and unique dog collars & leashes in Manhattan which had some of the best dog stores around!  I wanted him to wear something special and one of a kind to match his shining, one of a kind personality.  For years I also had been craving to be my own entrepreneur and start a business that reflected my passion for design and creativity.  After months of research, testing materials, and hours upon hours of sewing, I decided to take the leap and start bonjour fido!  It's been an exciting adventure and there's something exhilarating about starting from zero and creating your own future.  Everyday I wake up and am excited to start my day, make new designs, and try them out on Napoleon!  I love every part of the design process from choosing materials, to putting together the final product by hand.  A lot of love and testing goes into each product that makes each collection.  It's exciting to experiment and try out new designs each and everyday and spend time with my own pup in the process!  Every product that goes out the door has my personal stamp of approval and if for any reason you are unhappy with a purchase, please contact us as it is super important that you are 100% happy with our products!




Bonjour Fido offers collars and leashes for dogs of all sizes, from the tiniest Chihuahua to the largest Mastiff. They even offer new collar collection every season!
All of the collars and leashes shown on the site are ready to ship, but Rachael, the amazing owner, offers custom orders. This includes both chain and fabric martingales, something I am definitely going to be purchasing in the future!


Rachael was an absolute joy to work with. She was friendly, courteous, prompt, and eager to offer help and advice. She sent a collar for both Nola and Roxie to test out. A Bonjour Fido was actually what Roxie went to her forever home in! I know her new owner loves having such a beautiful and sturdy collar for her.

I spent a good 30 minutes picking out collars for Nola and Roxie. There's just so many pretty things! #givemeallthethings
I picked a gorgeous, sleek Sky Blue and Black design for Miss Nola. The blue perfectly compliments her rich red coat, and the subtle pattern adds plenty of flair for my little diva. I believe hers is a 5/8" width.
Roxie is more silly and girly than the Little Kielbasa, so for her I chose Midnight Flowers in Pink. Roxie's is 1" wide. The collars suited both girls so perfectly!



I'm such a sucker for pretty wrapping. 


















Roxie's collar took a beating while she was here! Roxie played rough and hard, and the collar took everything she threw at it. There was no wear on the hardware or nylon, despite the heavy use. It did get dirty, but our yard is full of Dachshund-holes and the collar cleaned right up with a little soap and water. Roxie was incredibly powerful, but it easily stood up to the little pit bull's strength. There was no irritation around Roxie's neck from the collar, even though she still has some hair to grow in.

Nola's collars are changed out all the time, so hers didn't receive the same level of testing that Roxie's did. However, I still love the way it looks on her.

Overall, I am thrilled with the quality and service from Bonjour Fido! If you want beauty and durability, I highly suggest checking them out.

- Dachshund Mommy

13 comments:

  1. Lovely collars. Phod has had the same collar since he came to us over 3 years ago. Hailey is on her 3rd collar in 5.5 years. They each have one (and a water collar). That is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good looking collars you are sporting!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collars - the girls really suit the ones you chose for them!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Fido do beautiful collars - myself being a complete collar/lead addict! They are very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxie's collar is beautiful! I too would be a collar addict if I allowed myself. The furthest I allow myself to go is an individual colour for every dog. Nola's collar suits her very well, and the pattern is nice and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful! I recently ordered a beadie babiez collar for Ziva I can't wait for it to arrive! I'll have to put this company on my doggy list too though, I love a good flashy collar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to find boutique stores like this. Thank you!! And the collars are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like awesome collars! I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable. Very feminine, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are very beautiful!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!