Friday, January 1, 2016

I and Love and You Challenge For Chewy.com: Final Thoughts

Hey, guys!

Happy New Year!

Today is our third and final post for Chewy.com's I and Love and You 30 Day Challenge. Here's the first post, and here's the second post.


Pike and Olivia have been on this food for the entire month of December, with Nola averaging 1-2 meals of it per week. We finished up the first bag of Red Meat Medley, and now they're on the Simply Sea Recipe. While it's definitely fishy, it's not nearly as bad as some other fish flavors. It doesn't cling to Olivia's beard, or stink up the dog closet. Fish is a favorite flavor in the house, and I'm thrilled it's once I can offer without wanting to gag, haha.

I have been beyond thrilled with this food! It will definitely be added to the dogs' rotation. It's great quality, fairly priced, and the dogs go nuts for it.
In typical dog-mom fashion, my very favorite thing about the food has been how tiny the dogs' poop has been. Small, firm, and with minimal stench. They're so tiny that sometimes I almost miss them while scooping the yard. I love that shit, pun totally intended.


All these photos are terribly, since it's been beyond cloudy and rainy these past few days. What happened to my sunshine state?





Another huge perk is how much it's helped with Pike's shedding. Our fall and winter has been...very summery. Pike grew a gorgeous winter coat, and then the temps stayed in the upper 70s and low 80s. He started shedding, a lot. With this food, it's dramatically lessened. His coat is beautifully thick and soft, and stays glossy and sleek. Livvy's a wire hair, but even she's shiny.

The dogs' energy is up, ears clean, no redness around Olivia's paws, ect. I'm so happy with it! I'd highly recommend.

Nola will even work for it as a high value treat! Check her out her new "climb" cue, taught entirely with I and Love and You as reward!











- Dachshund Mommy




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a total win all around! They offer I and Love and You at the local grocery store by Dad's house, maybe it's time to grab a bag to test for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola climbing!! Love the pictures. It is good to know about foods like this and the fish flavor without the smell is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great food! I've been wanting to try it with the girls!

    Happy New Year! I love the photos of Nola climbing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola, you are so fabulous!

    Happy New Year to you and your pack and to your Dachshund Mommy!

    xo
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she climbs. My dogs love their bully sticks and dehydrated raw, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, that girl can climb!!

    This sounds like a great food, and I always appreciate your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! If you find a healthy rawhide chew, let us know. I spent half an hour online searching for one the other day and finally settled on one that's "made in the USA," but it was extremely hard to find one that isn't made in China. I would like to go beyond that and find one my dog will like that's made in the USA AND healthy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW look at you climb!!!!! WHo knew?!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!