Thursday, January 14, 2016

Dog Costs for 2015

Hey, guys!


Well, I did it. I successfully tracked every dime spent on the dogs in 2015. I really enjoyed tracking my spending, seeing the trends, ect, and will do this again for this year. It's a great way to monitor where your money goes! I am so much more conscious of just what I'm spending when it's tracked here on the blog.


Here are the dog costs for this year:

2015 Dog Costs: $2,042.37




Vet costs were by far the biggest money eater, and nearly all of them were from Roxie. My dogs were around $250 (no yearly vaccines for mine, so it was mostly exams and flea/heartworm meds), with Roxie totaling just $1,000 in the 9 weeks she was here. 
Food was the second highest cost at just under $400. 
Miscellaneous items, including dog gear, a bird cage, and shipping/tax, was the next, at just over $300.
Toys and treats were quite low, at around $50 for toys and $25 for treats. Blogging has greatly reduced my costs in those areas.
Health (supplements, for the most part) was under $30.




Hmmm...not too terribly bad, I don't think. I was doing quite well until Roxie's vet bills came along, haha. Oh well, she was worth it. ;)

- Dachshund Mommy


9 comments:

  1. It is so nice to look and see where it has gone because it can all of a sudden get expensive!! They are worth it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We decided to track this year. Good job
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really brings it home how much we spend on our best friends when we see it in black and white. They are so worth it though. You are an angel for doing so much for Roxie.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really well this year, and I agree Roxie was worth it. I need to track this and may start now. With all of our shows and training I'm afraid to see what the end total will be! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm scared to track. Dante and Ziva go through a lot of treats, supplements, and food. :-)
    Plus i'm kind of a collar junkie with expensive taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great!! I don't want to even know what my 2015 was ;) I really do need to track it better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not too expensive! Looks like you had a great year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's not too expensive! Looks like you had a great year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think its a great total, considering how well loved and cared for your dogs are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!