Friday, December 4, 2015

I and Love and You 30 Day Challenge for Chewy.com!

Hey, everyone!



I'm so excited to be working with Chewy.com for something a little different. :D Chewy.com has generously provided us with a bag of I and Love and You Nude Dog Food to review. This will be the first of three posts to share my thoughts and the dogs' reactions to this great food. These are my initial thoughts.


I and Love and You Nude Dog Food is a grain free, medium-high protein, low glycemic dog food that is appropriate for all life stages and all breed sizes. Since my house has a 5yo, an almost 2yo, and 1yo and a 7-10mo puppy, three small breeds and one medium breed, this is something I really appreciate. It's nice not to have several different foods for each dog!


I and Love and You offers two lines of dry dog food, on top of dehydrated: Nude and Naked Essentials. I went with Nude for its higher protein. Nude comes in Red Meat Medley, Simply Sea, Poultry Palooza, and Hot Lickety Lamb. I love the cute names! It comes in 5lb, 13lb and 23lb sizes, ranging between $13 to $60.


I picked Red Meat Medley for the dogs, and here are the ingredients:

Pork, lamb meal, herring meal, lentils, garbanzo beans, dried egg product, dried beet pulp, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), tapioca, bison, sweet potato, pork liver, natural flavor, blueberries, apple, spinach, tomato, carrot, olive oil, New Zealand green mussel, choline chloride, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, chia seed, fish oil, inulin, salt, turmeric, iron amino acid chelate, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid chelate, ferrous sulfate, niacin supplement, manganese amino acid chelate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, vitamin A supplement, manganous oxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper amino acid chelate, sodium selenite, riboflavin supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium iodate, folic acid, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried aspergillus niger, dried trichoderma reesei, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract




Roxie, Pike and Olivia started on this food yesterday, and will be on it exclusively this month. Nola will be getting it once or twice a week, since she tends to do best on two specific brands. Nola is getting 1/2 cup, Pike 3/4 cup, Olivia 1/2 cup, and Roxie is getting 5-6 cups.

It arrived at like 5:30pm and Nola couldn't wait for better light!








Like I said, it's only been a day, but no stomach problems, and they're so eager to eat it!



Check back in two weeks for an update!


- Dachshund Mommy


7 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I saw how many cups Roxie gets; she's going to blow through that bag faster than you are used to the others doing!

    I and Love and You used to have a sample bag size available at the store I shop at and I loved it. It was something I added to B's food to jazz it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like this food quite a bit and it's a local Colorado company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great opportunity to try something new! I've heard good things about this company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! It sound like a great food! The girls really like this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be good to only have one food for all of the dogs for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love those little hearts!! Can't wait to see what you think of it!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to hearing the update in 2 weeks! Hope this food keeps doing good for you guys!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!