Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Photo Shoot!


Our 2015 Christmas shoot! I did these on two very, very cloudy days. Not ideal, but that was the only time I had the chunk of time needed to set up, shoot, takedown, ect. The first six were done on (slightly cloudier) day 1, with lighting. It turns out I can't stand using unnatural lighting, haha. 
The rest were just shot in front of a window. 
Nola, as you can see, was hamming it up. This is what she lives for! Livvy and Roxie were not as impressed. They were both a bit weirded out by the rearranged living room, backdrop, and lights. I'm surprised at how well Pike did! Normally getting a good photo of him where A) he's looking at you and B) doesn't have a toy in his mouth is harder than getting blood from a stone, but he was quite cooperative that day. 

The set up (minus the softbox for day 2). The beanbag is actually one made for newborns, but it works well for little dogs! I also posed Nola on the living room footstool for some of these, since it's a great height if you're kneeling.
Those lights were an absolute clusterfuck to set up and undo. 

Some music... and let's go!









The girl has gorgeous eyes. 













18 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I am the same way as far as natural light goes. Of course, I only have a camera phone - so it stinks at taking pictures in unnatural light. I never think my house is all that dark until I try to take a good photo inside. Fail.

    These are excellent pictures! Nola is such a natural and I just LOVE the one of Roxie! Pike and Olivia's photos turned out pretty well too! Although, I think Olivia's tongue sticking out sums up her attitude about the whole thing pretty well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos- cannot believe that you have not had a show yt and seling your prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nola is such a great model - and I'm so impressed that she is cool with wearing hats/antlers! I do love that picture you took of Pike - he looks sweet in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola looks like she loves her job. Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Nola is definitely into the modeling gig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! They turned out so well!!!!!!! I would never sit pretty fur my mom!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are just beautiful! They are as good as any magazine I have seen.
    Roxie's fur looks a million times better these days doesn't it.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pictures!! So funny how you say Nola lives for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All beautiful shots - that Nola is a born poser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are so beautiful! I really love number 13 (counting all the way from the top). Nola looks so sweet in that one! They are all amazing though! I really need to get some energy to do mine. Mine will probably have to be unnatural lit. It's just raining and ugly here now. No sun for days. I just haven't had the energy to do it. Hopefully soon! Yours are so great! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with the pics. And your models are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! These are just gorgeous!! Well done!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! We love your photos! Especially the cover one for your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, such wonderful photos. I missed doing a photo shoot this year. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!