Monday, November 23, 2015

I Am Thankful....

I'm thankful for many, many things. Too many to list, and I'm lucky for that! In honor of Thanksgiving week (for my fellow U.S. residents), I wanted to share a few of the things I'm most thankful for.

I Am Thankful....


For My Family (2 legged!)

I have an amazing immediate family, and an awesome aunt/best friend. Amazing. 
I'm the oldest of 7 (yes, 7!), and I love them all more than words can describe. Even though they get on my last nerve sometimes (remember all the siblings?), I wouldn't change them for the world.



For My Mom

I have the best mom. She makes me laugh, she makes me food ;), and she makes me think. 


For My Dad

He's technically my stepdad, but only technically. He's my father in every way but biologically, and I'm very lucky to have him.



My Baby-Baby Sister

There are 16 years between me and my youngest sister. She's more my baby than my sister, and she's my world. 







For My Family (4 legged!)

I'm so grateful for my eclectic mix of dogs. They brighten my life every day.

First time Pike allowed himself to be photographed with Roxie, haha.




For Nola

My baby. My heartdog. My inspiration. My constant companion. I couldn't ask for a more amazing, perfect dog. 






For Pike

Asshole he may be, but I love that weird little shit.





For Olivia

The mustache! My sweet, lazy Livvy Lou, who just celebrated her first Gotcha Day over the weekend. :)







For Roxanne

My little Pittie princess. My gentle, loving girl. I'm thankful for a lot with her. 
I'm thankful we were driving that day.
I'm thankful we turned around.
I'm thankful she didn't run away.
I'm thankful she survived.
I'm thankful that, despite what she went through and her issues, she's still able to trust.
I'm thankful she's recovering.
I'm thankful for her changing my views of Pit Bulls and Pit mixes. 





For Great Vets

I am so grateful for our vet team for their dedication to Roxie's recovery.





For Health

Mine, my family's, and my dogs'!



For Late Night Walks




For Exercise in General




For Food




For A Job


For Travel





For The Beach




For Books

From the "you have to read this NOW" to the "I know. Please don't judge me", I am thankful for books. For their escape, for their humor, for their angst, for their romance, for the swoons and the sighs and the laughs and the tears. I'm thankful for the thousands (literally!) weighing down my shelves, and for the ones yet to be discovered!


For Music


For Staying Up and Sleeping Late





For Dreams, Plans, and Adventure

Dreaming of Italy (or France, or Scotland, or Ireland!)  next year!



For Photography




For All Of You!





15 comments:

  1. As we read your post today, all we can do is smile! Thank you for YOU!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! So many great things!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, you have summed up all the things that make life worthwhile.
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, so many things to be thankful for. Beautiful post!! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful post, and just perfect for the sentiment of the holiday season. There is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe! This is such a wonderful post! <3 Those pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great, heartfelt and heartwarming post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwe!!! Such a sweet postie, and yes, LOTS to be thankful for!!!
    especially those tasty foodables on that grill!! just sayin'...☺
    Kisses,'
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for and you are very lucky to be able to name so many. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're thankful you take the time to share. An attitude of gratitude is good all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!! Great things to be thankful for!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're thankful for sharing your life and dogs with all of us. We know Roxie is thankful you happened to notice her on that fateful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!