Friday, November 27, 2015

Dachshund Nola Reviews: The Honest Kitchen Bone Broth

Hey, guys!


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was pretty good. :D Just low-key and laid-back.




Thanks to The Honest Kitchen, the dogs had their very own special treat for Thanksgiving! THK recently came out with a new treat for both dogs and cats called Bone Broth. This simple, four-ingredient (beef bone broth, parsley, pumpkin, and turmeric) snack comes in a powder form. You simply dissolve one tablespoon into one cup warm water, and serve!
You can give it plain, freeze it, pour it over food, whatever you please. I pour it over my dogs' kibble, and they love it.


Bone broth is a great, healthy snack for any dog. It's full of nutrients, and promotes joint and gut health, as well as detoxes the liver. Turmeric is also hugely beneficial to dogs, cats, and people! Amongst its many, many benefits, turmeric helps reduce cancer risks, is great for the heart and liver, and is one of the strongest natural anti-inflamatories.





I totally should've loaded the dishwasher before taking this pic. 






There are 59 calories per cup of hydrated Bone Broth, so it's a fairly low calorie supplement. Depending on your dog's size, you can give anywhere from 1 tablespoon to 1 cup or more. 9.5lb Nola gets 2 TBSP, where 35-ishlb Roxanne gets the full cup.


The dogs are thrilled with the flavor of Bone Broth, and I'm stoked about all the health benefits. I'll be adding this to the dogs' food closet (yes, closet), and highly recommend it!


- Dachshund Mommy

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the dogs would like it. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they would enjoy that mixed in with their kibble for extra flavour. Sounds very good for them too.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I'm sure your dogs loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! My dogs love stuff from THK! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I am totally going to get this for B! I am way too lazy to make my own so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of this for people but didn't think of it for our dogs. Looks like something I might try for Cocoa. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds great! I think my huskies would love it!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made bone broth before, but did not know that THK had a powdered form. I'll have to look for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!