Friday, November 20, 2015

Chewy.com Review: Wellness WellBites Treats + Roxie's Vet Report

Hey, guys!



The fabulous Chewy.com sent us a bag of Wellness Wellbites Lamb and Salmon Treats. These treats are some of Nola's favorite, and I was thrilled to see them on the review list! If you've somehow never heard of Chewy.com, it's the best place to buy pet products online! Their selection is huge, their shipping lightning fast, and they have the best customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.







Wellness WellBites are soft, chewy dog treats that come in five flavors: Turkey and DuckLamb and SalmonChicken and VenisonBeef and Turkey, and Chicken and Lamb. We were sent Lamb and Salmon, and here's the ingredients:


Lamb, Salmon, Ground Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Vegetable Glycerin, Guar Gum, Cane Molasses, Carrots, Salt, Natural Smoke Flavor, Garlic, Blueberries, Flaxseed, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Phosphoric Acid (a natural acidifier), Sorbic Acid (a preservative), and Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative) 


These treats are square, and about 1" in size. They're quite easy to tear into smaller pieces for training, too! They have a mild smell that's almost pleasant, and despite the salmon in this variety, there is no fish smell. The scent easily washes off skin and clothing, which is a huge bonus. There's nothing quite like giving a treat in the morning, and still smelling it on your hands in the evening, no matter how many times you wash your hands!
They come in a resealable 8oz bag, and there's a good bit in the bag. They're very reasonably priced at around $8 a bag.



The dogs went crazy for these! They're one of Nola's highest value rewards, and she'll do anything for them. They're a favorite around here, and I highly recommend!









- Dachsund Mommy


PS: Roxie had bloodwork and a fecal done at the vet's yesterday. We saw a tech I don't like, and a vet that hasn't seen her before. I was not impressed with the woman. She was a complete hag, and not to mention a bit stupid. She couldn't even bother to read Roxie's chart to know her basic info, like her prior condition and her Ivermectin dosages. I will only be brining my dogs in to see the two vets I trust in the practice from here on. That woman...ugh. Bitch.
Fecal normal, slightly elevated white blood cell count. Suspected Ivermectin sensitivity, at this dosage at least. Symptoms started the day after increasing the dosage, and have decreased over Wednesday and yesterday, as I stopped giving it. We're dropping it from 1.3ml to .8ml to see if that clears it up. If not, we'll be exploring other options to treat the mange, most likely a new method of using Bravecto flea pills to clear the mange mites.
She's still hydrated, and hasn't lost any weight, thank god. She's gained 1/2 a pound since last visit.
No explanation for the limping, other than a vague mention of a possible old injury being aggravated. Like I said, I wasn't impressed with the vet.

16 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate that you weren't able to see the regular vet that has been treating Roxie. Maybe that vet you saw shouldn't even be one? If she knew anything about Roxie's history (short as that is) she'd know that even something like diarrhea is a concern in a dog with all her issues from being so severely neglected. Lame. But at least it sounds like you are on the right track as far as the Ivermectin most likely being the issue. At least she has gained half a pound! Keep us posted. Prayers and hugs for you.

    Those treats look yummy and bonus on the ease of breaking them into smaller bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the vet. How horrible. At least Roxie can have a nice treat to make her feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So frustrating to have someone like that vet. Why do they go into that work if they don't care. I'm happy you have a couple you like. And happy Roxie has you!! I hate when the smells of treats is gross :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping all our feets crossed for you Roxie
    Love & peas,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is terrible when you have no confidence in the vet who treats your dog. The vet practice we used to use reminded me of that woman, they were very rough with our little dogs and treated me like I was an over anxious fool when I complained. The vet practice we are with now are very knowledgable and are always gentle with the dogs. I would stick with the ones you like and are good at their job.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't even bother to read the chart or come in checking out anything about Roxie? That's pretty poor of her. Sorry about that bad experience. Crossing fingers and paws to hope that Roxie start feeling better again soon - she has such a sweet face! At least there are delicious treats to help her through, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh!! I'm hoping you find a better vet!! It took us forever but we finally found an awesome one. And now we are moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I had a vet like that when I took Koira in to a different practice for a second opinion about her bleeding from the eye (yeah, my dog keeps bleeding from the eye spontaneously, and so far, no one has any idea why). The vet we saw for the second opinion didn't even read the chart notes or blood work stuff that I had my regular vet fax over, seemed more amused and entertained by something he had never seen than concerned for my dog's well being, and was unnecessarily rough when handling her, which I certainly didn't appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! Your vet should be someone you like and can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are 3 vets at the practice where we took Honey (back in Ithaca). I have no reason to believe the other two are anything but great. But I love seeing the same vet every visit over time. It's nice to know that her doctor really knows her.

    I've found that I need to schedule wellness visits pretty far in advance to get my preferred vet. But it's worth it.

    Hope Roxie gets some relief for her skin soon. She's already come a long way with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope next time you get to see a preferred vet. My clinic has about 15 vets. I have only had one I found useless and I complained to my friend who is the senior vet there:) The rest have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The girls absolutely love those Wellness treats! I try to get them whenever I can! :D

    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with that vet and saw a tech you didn't like! Ugh.. what a day! Poor Roxie! I hope she starts to feel better soon! Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love Wellness products. Nola is so cute.
    So sorry- hard to find a good vet. We have had similar as Kilo is difficult but compensated by some wonderful ones too. I always assume with vets and doctors that I need to do the research as no one is capable of caring as much and spending the time and energy I can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I LOVES the Wellness! Yummers fursure! Hey, you don't happen to have any leftovers??? ☺
    Oh, man, i am sorry abouts the biatch of a vettie! Man, i hate when that happens. So far at our vet, they have all been good. One isn't really the brightest bulb in the box, butts she cares and is really sweet. I hopes you have one of your good vetties next time! Paws crossed Roxie! sendin' lots of healin' vibes to your gurl!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love getting our goodies from Chewy each month. ☺ There is a vet at my old clinic that I refused to see. He was so rough with my dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!