Monday, October 5, 2015

5 Years Fly By!

Hey, everyone!




On Thursday, Nola will be five years old. I can't believe it! My first dog, my heart dog, my baby girl and my learning curve is all grown up. I couldn't ask for a better dog.

It sounds trite, but she couldn't be more perfect if she was made just for me (maybe she was!). I never imagined that the tiny 8 week old trouble maker would turn into this incredible, charismatic little spitfire you see on the blog. I can't believe how lucky I am.


For those who've had a heart dog, you understand exactly what I mean: Having this perfect dog that puts all others to shame, that's built to fit you perfectly and challenges you just the right way (or maybe I just like being kept on my toes ;)), the one pet you can't imagine life without. It's the most exhilarating and at the same time terrifying thing you can experience with a dog.
If you haven't had a heart dog, you'll get there! There's a Nola out there for everyone. <3


If that wasn't the most disjointed thing I've ever read, I don't know what was. ;) I'm all kinds of sentimental and sappy right now!




11 comments:

  1. Time does fly. We know you are mommas little girl. I'm moms girl. We know exactly what you mean
    Lily (& Edward)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm my mommys baby and I didn't meet her until I was 8!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, when you have that dog who is meant for you it is the most amazing and wonderful gift!! You are both blessed to have found each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Earl is 5 1/2 and Ethel is almost 16 months! Time flies when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That time does fly! All dogs are special but heart dogs............there's just that special connection that can't be forced. Happy birthday Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early birthday, Nola! Do you have anything special planned?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time flies by like crazy when you have a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it either. You must be very grown up by now, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5! Wow! That's wonderful!!!
    Happy early birthday!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!