Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Our Biggest Adventure Yet: Planning Stages

Hello, everyone!



I'm so happy to announce that next year, Nola and I will be traveling to Europe (backpacking- at least to some degree - more than likely)! This has been a dream of mine for years, and I'm finally at a point that it's nearly possible.

I hope to be able to save enough by the spring of 2016, and if not it'd be that fall. I haven't quite decided yet how long we'll be over there, but it will mostly like be around 4-6 weeks. We'll mostly be traversing Italy, though I want to see so much more. Rome, Venice, and Florence will be must sees, and I want to visit the Amalfi Coast as one of my all time favorite books is set there. Aside from that...who knows?



My parents will be keeping the others dogs and Finn (the bird) while we're away.
Some people can't fathom the idea of taking their dog with them, but it really doesn't bother me. Despite the extra steps and slight limits that come along with brining Nola, nothing makes me happier than sharing this dream with the dog of my heart. Plus, just imagine the blogging and photo ops! ;) I've been carefully researching and stalking following a few other bloggers who've taken their dogs internationally with them, so I'll be well prepared.


Right now I'm just in the save-every-single-penny-that-isn't-absolutely-vital stage, and researching the crap out of everything. Lots of number crunching and careful budgeting. As someone that's never been gifted in math, it's a headache. It's still worth it, though!


I'll most likely be doing progress updates every month (if I remember) for the remainder of the year, and then more frequently as it gets closer to that time. I'm excited to share this journey with you all!



Have you ever been abroad? Tell me your adventures!


- Dachshund Mommy

14 comments:

  1. Omg this is so exciting!! I would so take the pugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola that sounds so truly pawesome :) Holidays with your humans are the best things ever :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW EXCITING!!! Looking forward to following on this adventure and seeing how it all plays out. I don't blame you for wanting to take Nola ... I want to travel with my guys every where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! Moms dream. That is super awesome fantastic!!! You go girl, you only live once.
    Woooof,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have read my blog, you will know that Mum is from England (although she has been over here since 1962). She has promised to take me if and when we go to Europe after she gets her settlement from the eye injury. There is a surgical procedure that is not approved over here, but should help her eye and is approved in the UK and she is going to research that to see if she can have it when WE go!!

    ttfn and toodle pip

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more advantage of having a small dog! Can't see you doing this trip with a mastiff - or a rottweiler!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What fun! Looking forward to hearing the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so amazing! I can't wait to read more about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exciting, and one of the many benefits of having a small dog. Ruby is both too reactive and too big to fly on an airplane, but as dogs and travel are two of my main passions, a wee one is something for me to consider in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds super exciting! I traveled a lot, mostly by bike, in other countries years ago. I have one friend who rode his bike around France with his dog in a trailer! You and Nola could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! thats awesome news!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great adventure and experience for you both! Good luck with the saving and I'll look forward to reading all about it and seeing lots of wonderful photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!