Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Dachshund Nola Goes Kayaking

Morning, everyone!


Miss Nola had her very first (and my very first) kayak ride on Sunday! Despite being blazingly hot, hungry, and a bit frustrated with my lack of finesse with a paddle, it was a lot of fun.
Nola did much better than I was expecting! She sat between my knees, and swam when we stopped. She was very well behaved, and it's great to have her out and about being a good ambassador, both for the Dachshund breed and small dogs as a whole. She loves showing off that a small dog can do just as much - if not more - than a large dog can.

While there's no photos of kayaking in action (I don't have a water proof phone case, and an iPhone is too damn expensive to risk! ;)), I did snap a few for Instagram and once we came back, we did a quick little photo shoot on an old tree. Enjoy!


- Dachshund Mommy


















12 comments:

  1. PAWsome!!! What a brilliant thing to do!! I bet you and Nola thoroughly enjoyed the experience!! I've been on a kayak before, but never with my dogs!! Good job Nola!! :-))

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds awesome! MaddiethePug loves water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nola
    That sounds like a very exciting adventure :) You look very cute sitting in the seat :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola is the perfect size to join you on a kayak ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope she didn't make you paddle
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so fun! That's awesome that she was so good and she looks really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!!! Nola looks like she was definitely having a barktastic time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time! I am glad that Nola was a good kayaker. Hailey would freak out and Phod would jump out to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, how awesome! I would love to see photos if you ever have someone to take them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Paddle Board!!! Nola, you went kayakin'??!!! No way!!! You are one pawsome chick! (betters you than me....I wouldn't wanna gets my FABulous furs wet..☺)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. We are thinking of getting a couple of kayaks, and I think the dogs will like it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!