Friday, May 22, 2015

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Sojos Wild Dehydrated Raw Dog Food

Hey, everyone! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes on Wednesday. They made my day!



A few weeks ago I was contacted by Sojos about reviewing their new line of Wild dog food. The Wild line offers more novel protein sources such as Boar, Venison and Salmon, so it's a great option for pups that may have allergies or sensitivities to the common proteins like chicken or beef. It's also much higher in protein than there other lines, with each product averaging about 40% protein vs the average 22% of the Complete mix.
I chose the Venison flavor for my dogs, and here's the ingredients for it:

venison, whole egg, cranberries, celery root, green peas, purple sweet potatoes , Flax Seeds, parsnip, green beans, almond bran, coconut, tricalcium phosphate, dried kelp, chard, dried alfalfa, ginger root, vitamin D3 supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, zinc sulfate

The Wild line is a completely raw dehydrated food, and you can absolutely tell when you rehydrate it.  The meat looks raw, and you can see the veggies. It's 100% grain and gluten free, USA made and has no added salts or sugars. 1lb rehydrates to 5lbs of food.






This is a sample of the salmon. The dogs love it, but hoooolllyyyy shit does it stink.

How cute is her little tongue? <3

I added a bit too much water to this since Nola is a gulper and floating her food is the only thing that slows her down, but you can see that it's real meat. 


Nola approves!



While I did not feed this consistently, Nola has had several meals of it without any issue. I like the option of adding in a new food source, and this is so easy and convenient. I've also used the pieces as treats, and that was a huge hit.
It's a little bit expensive, but for the way I use it it's not too bad and I would use it again. I recommend this if it sounds like something your dog would like!


- Dachshund Mommy


4 comments:

  1. Awesome review! The girls absolutely love Sojos so I might have to try this stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this stuff certainly sounds super tasty! I love a good fishy-based food...the stinkier the better. Better run and get my Mom to tell her I MUST try this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of the rehydrated meat. Really shows what one is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD! I MISSED YOUR BURTHDAY??!! Bad Ma!!!!! Wells, I sure hopes you accept my deepest apologies to Ma's SLACKIN' off on my bloggie duties!!!!! Wells, I hope you had a most HAPPY BURTHDAY!!!! I see that Miss Nola gave you a lovely serenade...way to go gurl!
    Okays, nows, let's talk foodables..YUMMY!!! Although, I thinks Ma is gonna pass on the fish one..*gag*!!!! Butts the other ones look delish!!! And I LOVES dehydrated meats!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!