Thursday, March 5, 2015

Olivia the Stripper

Hey, guys! I still don't have any new pictures or new stories to write about; work has kept me extremely busy and I'm exhausted. I forgot to take this week's 52 Snapshots of Life photo, but hopefully I'll get that up tomorrow. Maybe. I haven't had time to sit down and schedule the week's posts like I usually do.
On a more exciting note, our fourth Blogiversary is this Saturday! I cannot believe it's been four years already.

I mentioned a few days ago on how I stripped down Olivia's coat, and since I'm scarping the bottom of the barrel for posting material I figured I'd show you now. These are just iPhone pics (no time for the Nikon!), but she looks and feels so much better. This was the first time I'd ever striped a dog, and I'm pretty happy with how she looks. It was a very long process, but Liv was a trooper. She looks so small now! I used a combination of a stripping knife and hand striping. Talk about labor intensive! 

Before

My girls. <3

This was last month's (attempted) stacked photo. She turned 8 months old yesterday and this is such a horrible stage for the breed conformationally. They fall apart at around 7 months and don't start looking halfway decent until around 11 or 12 months.



After 


I mustache you a question.

When stripped down, a wire doesn't look much different than a smooth except for the facial furnishings. 




PS: To answer yesterday's question, the girls' collars are from Paco Collars (Nola -all of the leather collars she wears are from here) and Karma Collars (Olivia). Nola's is called the Rhinestone Sula and Olivia's is the Charleston. 

10 comments:

  1. Miss Olivia, we think you are beautiful (fur or no fur!) Mom did a great job on your coat.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all go through the gawky phase. Olivia looks sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia is absolutely adorable! Great job, mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia looks adorable. I just discovered this gold mine of a blog. I think it is gonna keep me busy for a while ;)

    Btw, I did write a piece on dachshund clothing on my blog and was hoping to get your opinion on it.
    http://atozpetcare.com/dachshund-clothing/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn quite. Love that worry head BOL
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the stripping. We train with a lady who breeds Welsh Terriers and she was showing me about stripping. I had asked how she groomed them one evening. Very interesting and it did sound very intensive. She said she would just hold the dog in her lap while watching TV and just hand strip away. You did an excellent job and its amazing the difference in before/after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look FABulous Oliva!! We Airedales can be stripped too, butts I'm just not that kind of gurl!!!! BOL!!!!!! OMD, too easy.....anyhu, Ma is just too lazy..or I'm just too wiggily, either way, Ma thinks it's easier on both of us just to clip me.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Facial furnishings, hehe, that made me laffs.
    But I finks Olivia looks great, gorgeous and pawfect!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I thought that was a Karma Collar, I have the Zion collar for my dog. Now I'm getting way too interested in this Charleston... darn it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!