Friday, March 13, 2015

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Blue Wilderness Trail Treats for Chewy.com

Hey, everyone! It's time again for our monthly Chewy.com review. :) Chewy.com is an amazing company that offers a huge range of dog and cat supplies at affordable prices. They quickly deliver right to your door and have the best customer service I've ever dealt with.


This month, we're trying Blue Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits Duck Flavor (say THAT three times fast!). These soft, USA made, grain free and high protein treats are a great size for training, or just for random snacking. They come in Salmon, Chicken or Duck flavors and come in a resealable 4oz bag (can't say how much I love that!). Here are their ingredients:


Duck, Potatoes, Chickpea, Maple Syrup, Vegetable Glycerine, Gelatin, Salt, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Smoke Flavor, Fish Oil (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), preserved with Phosphoric, Sorbic & Citric Acids, Tocopherols & Oil of Rosemary








Everyone loved these! They're soft, which automatically makes them a favorite among my guys, but they also have a strongish smell that the dogs were gaga over. It's not exactly a perfume for me, but it's not nearly as offensive as some of their treats. It doesn't cling to your skin after washing your hands, but you will smell like a walking dog treat if you don't. They crumble a bit too much if you break them, which is a bit of a bummer for me as they're a bit big to use as training treats full sized for my pups.


They're a good price, very high quality and my dogs enjoyed them. These are definitely treats I'd purchase in the future, and I recommend them.

- Dachshund Mommy

I was provided free treats in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wild duck flavour, sounds very yum yum to me
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know the tip about using them whole. They sound perfect for training a bit larger dog like Toby though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask us, the smellier the better. Mom would have to disagree, though! BOL! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome! We will have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like an excellent treat! I'm going to try them. I've been using the Bill-Jac brand for training and in the ring, but just checked the ingredients. They have chicken meal and wheat flour and several preservatives that sound threatening (they may actually be ok, I don't know). I do usually have to have my jackets cleaned after a show because the treat smell permeates the jacket pocket, even in a zipper bag! Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago, I was copilot on this little commuter prop plane. (no flight attendant 19 seats). In the cargo bay one day was all these pallets of baby chicks. You could hear the peepeepeepeepeepee in the cabin. There was only a couple passengers and one of them came up to the cockpit (yes YEARS ago) to ask if I'd come listen to the strange noise. I went back peepeepeepeepeepeepeeppEEPPPPPPPP. I looked at him and said "I don't hear a thing".

    I was a brat.

    Abby's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!