Monday, February 9, 2015

Liebster Award!

Hey, everyone! Pike thanks you for his birthday wishes on Saturday. :)


A few days ago I was given the Liebster blog award by two awesome bloggers, Wags Ahoy!/Gilligan the Dachshund and ZoePhee. Wags Ahoy! is about an adorable dapple Dachshund, and ZoePhee is one of my favorite blogs. Thanks, guys!


Here are the rules of the award if you're nominated:

What to Do If Nominated:
Should you accept this award, you’ll need to know the rules, which are:
  1. Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
  2. Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
  3. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
  4. Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
  5. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  6. Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers.
  7. List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
  8. Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.





Since I was nominated twice, and each awarder gives 11 questions and 11 random facts, I guess I'll be doing 22 questions and two sets of randoms! One for me, one for the dogs. Let's get to it, shall we?



Gilligan asks:


1. What is the most interesting location you have traveled to, and what made it so special?
Hm. I haven't traveled nearly as much as I'd like to (hoping to rectify that situation soon!), but I'll say: Atlanta, GA, for the beautiful parks, interesting shops and people and city vibe. Ithaca, NY, for the gorgeous parks and laid-back feel of the city. Birmingham, AL, for the great hiking. Nola and I went on a great hike with my dad there, and it's one of my favorite times with him.

2. What method have you found works best for reaching more blog followers and engaging your audience?
Being social is the best way to build and maintain a following, and great photos and fairly regular thought provoking posts are they way to engage people.

3. How much time per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Depends on the week. Combining photo editing, posting, and commenting, probably...8-10 hours a week or more? Less? Never really thought about it, to be honest. 

4. What is your strategy for engaging brands, and how many brands do you regularly work with?
Companies usually contact me, so I don't do much. Again, good photos go SO far when it comes to blogging. I keep my reviews relatively short, but I feel alright doing that because I put out nice photos. I work with both Chewy.com and PetBox every month, and frequently partner with Ruffwear.

5. Would you ever consider adding a new dachshund puppy to your family (regardless of your current family makeup)?
Absolutely!

6. What is your number one talent that sets you apart from the rest of the “pack?”
Nola: She's insanely, scarily smart, the heart dog, and the head bitch. Pike is the athletic one and the drama queen. Olivia is the goofy girl and comic relief. Lincoln is the cuddled and pain in the ass alarm clock. ;)

7. Would you ever consider appearing in a music video? If so, what genre would it be?
Nola'd be cool as shit in a rap video. Just sayin. 

8. Are you planning to attend the BlogPaws 2015 Conference? Optional follow-up: If so, does the revenue generated from your blog site cover the costs of your attendance?
Sadly, no. Too expensive and work is too busy.

9. What is the next major goal or new milestone you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I don't set goals or milestones for the blog. It goes wherever it wants to!

10. What is your ultimate “dream come true?”
To travel anywhere and everywhere without limits on time or money. 

11. What aspects constitute the “perfect walk” (in terms of location, length of time, activities, etc.)?
Beach, sunset, dogs off leash, no people, no time limit.

ZoePhee asks:

1. Why did you start blogging? 
I started blogging as just a way of letting out my obsessive dog-mom-ness, and documenting Nola's growth. I never thought anyone but me would see it, and now look where we are!

2. If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?

Gah, just one place?! So many choices.... Probably somewhere in Italy, Greece, France, Ireland, Fiji, Boston, NYC, San Francisco.....

3. What is your favorite breed of dog and why do you like that breed?
Miniature Dachshunds or Mini Aussies. Smart, versatile, sturdy, energetic, handler oriented, good size, like the look. I do have a major thing for Keeshond and Salukis though.

4. Who is your favorite dog trainer(s)?
Kikopup/Emily Larlham or Tab289 (I'm drawing a blank on his real name!).

5. What is your favorite dog product?
Anything and everything from Paco Collars or Aggie's Anvil Tags! As far as "useful" dog things, Ruffwear's harnesses, Nature's Miracle and hooves, Nylabones and antlers.

6. Do you have any hobbies?
Reading! I love, love, love to read. I also love photography, and I'm getting into gardening. Yoga is another!

7. What is your favorite exotic animal?
I'll take exotic to mean wild instead of strange pets, so: dolphin, falcons, foxes, wolves, sea turtles, tropical fish and big cats.

8. How do you come up with ideas for your blog?
I really don't? Stuff just comes to me. I don't sit and ponder out ideas. The few times I've tried have led to horrible writer's block.

9. Do your dogs have any favorite foods or toys?
Nola absolutely loves Orijen dog food. For commercial treats, my guys like anything made by Sojos and everyone loves the Get Naked treats. Bully sticks are a favorite, too. For people food, hotdogs and other meats (though calling hotdogs meat is a bit of a stretch ;)), and everyone loves fruit. Nola loves watermelon, Pike goes insane for bananas, Liv likes apple and Linc likes strawberries.

10. What is your most favorite activity to do with your dog?
Off leash walks, photo shoots, snuggling and training, in that order.

11. If you could go anywhere (including time travel) and do anything where would you go and what would you do?
Time travel doesn't hold a huge appeal (mostly because I have a completely pointless fear of getting stuck in whatever time I went to...), so I'll say I'd go to some tropical paradise where I could swim all day and read for hours on the beach, then sleep outside in a cozy hammock in warm, breezy weather, or Italy where I would do nothing but eat, walk, take photos and eat some more.



11 Random Facts About The Fantastic 4:

1. Nola is left-pawed.

2. Pike loves to escape from his crate and requires a carabiner clip to keep it shut if you want him to stay put.

3. Olivia was born on the 4th of July.

4. Lincoln thinks it's perfectly okay to wake up me up by shrieking every morning between 5:30 and 6:30am.

5. Despite being just 10lbs, Nola is a huge bed hog. She played a major part in my decision to get a bigger bed.

6. All my dogs love kids.

7. Even though he's incredible sweet and gentle with people, Pike can be a jerk to other dogs. This behavior has earned him the nicknames of Douche and Asshole. He responds to them just as well as he does his actual name.

8. Pike and Lincoln are full brothers.

9.  Nola's collars alone cost more than my own wardrobe.

10. Olivia is almost never called Olivia. She's usually Livia, Liv or Livvy.

11. Only Nola is allowed on the bed and is loose at night.



11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I'm an avid reader and few things make me happier than a good book (most of these fact's'll be book related). I can't stand your typical bodice ripper novels, but I'll admit I enjoy more than my fair share of trashy, smutty books.

2. Anything and everything grabs my attention, with the noticeable exception of classics, westerns, and the aforementioned bodice rippers. Paranormal (romance or otherwise), crime/detective, grittier contemporary romance, young adult and dystopians are my go tos. I'm a sucker for vampires and angels, despite being a very skeptical agnostic.

3. A few of my favorite books are:
The Artists Trilogy by Karina Halle
Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series
Robert Crais' Elvis Cole novels (this is where Pike's name came from!)
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton (I laughed so hard I almost peed)
Most anything by Colleen Hoover
The Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovitch
The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost (shhh...guiltiest of guilty pleasures)
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (tissue warning! I don't think I've ever cried so hard)
A few things of James Patterson's older things
The Strange Angels series by Lili St. Crow
The Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington
Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Legend series by Marie Lu
The Charley Davidson books by Darynda Jones (another guilty pleasure)
....I'll just shut up now.

4. I can't stand silence. Call it a by-product of growing up in a very large family with constant noise, but silence freaks me out. I always have music playing if I'm alone.

5. My most embarrassing guilty pleasure is that I enjoy reading fan fiction. Hold on while I hide my face in hot shame.

6. I adore yoga and do it every day. I've never been so flexible, strong and healthy since starting 9 months ago.

7. Since quitting added sugar, I find anything sugary makes me sick and tastes bad. This both scares and saddens me.

8. I'm a passionate Libertarian.

9. I like a ridiculous amount of pillows on my bed. From where I'm sitting I can count...10, I think.

10. I struggle with math horribly. Always have. It frustrates me to no end and never adds up (haha, I couldn't resist) in my head.

11. I was homeschooled from birth through high school graduation.

My questions are:
1. Books or movies?
2. Day or night?
3. What would your dream house look like?
4. What are some of your favorite songs?
5. Dream car?
6. Do you have, or have you had, a heart dog?
7. Share an embarrassing guilty pleasure.
8. Favorite season and why?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
10. Introvert or extrovert?
11. Truth or dare?

I nominate:
Terra Toby
Tales from the Backroad
A Tail of Two Cardis

You are in now way obligated to post. :) I'm sorry if you've received it before! I was scrambling for nominees.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. Now we know all your secrets
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers so much! We have a lot in common! :D The tropical place that you described would be my perfect "travel to" place as well!! I would also be nervous about being stuck somewhere in time, plus I can't live without my smart phone! :P I read fan fiction and I'm terrible at math, too! :D I was home schooled from 9th grade to graduation and I also enjoy a lot of the book genres you mentioned above. I'm agnostic but I love mythology type stuff. I also hate westerns and classics! LOL Oh and I have no idea what tab's real name is, either! I just call him tab. I used to do yoga until I hurt my wrist grooming. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answers! We're going to be reviewing a series of Dachshund-theme short stories geared toward young adults+ next week on WagsAhoy.com. Would encourage you to drop on by and check out the review, see if you might give them a read (the ebooks are a dollar each with all proceeds going to a Dachshund Rescue group). Also, congrats on cutting sugars out; sugar is crack. Limiting complex carbs makes us feel great round here. Let me know if you'd like to be featured in the next Lil' Ween rap music video; you send us some footage w/credits and we'll make it happen. *wags* - Gilligan from WagsAhoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! ☺ Very interesting answers! I wish you were coming to BlogPaws!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!