Monday, February 2, 2015

January Expenses

Hey, everyone! Hope you had a good weekend. :)


Today's post will be my dog expenses for the month of January. I've seen a few bloggers do this (mainly Rebekah from My Rotten Dogs), and I think it's interesting to see and also beneficial for me to track what I'm spending. I try and do that anyway, but posting it here will cement it in the chaos that is my head better than anything else, haha.

January 2015


Food - $29.94
Toys - $5.94
Treats - $4.61
Grooming - $41.03
Health - $7.49
Misc - $32.83

TOTAL - $121.84

That is for four small breed dogs, and was unusually high this month due to needing new grooming and misc supplies.

Food was Lincoln and Olivia's puppy food (Fromm Puppy), toys and treats are for Pike's 1st birthday (this saturday!), grooming was shampoo, a toothbrush, wipes and a stripping knife for Olivia, health was Nola's joint supplement, and miscellaneous were random items like a new pooper scooper and some laundry items for their beds. 




Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

15 comments:

  1. Nope, that's nowhere near enuffs in the TREAT's column!!!!!!!!!!
    And toys, well....finks that needs upping a bits as well
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom wants to fall over when she adds ours up
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart thing to do but - I don't add it up. Ever. Because if I did my husband aka Mr. Nosy, would want to know the total. And nothing good could ever come of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I noticed you are using Fromm dog food. I saw that a lot of Foster Moms feed that and was interested in changing my Doxies to it. They are on Eukaneba now. That are very picky and it says on Chewy.com that dogs love the taste. Do the puppies like it? I was thinking of trying the Adult Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get better at doing this, but with 6 horses in the mix, I'm afraid too!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seems so incredibly affordable! My dog food (commercial raw) is WAY more expensive. My food alone comes to more than your whole month's total! And my corgis are truly good keepers...if I had four corgis I would be BROKE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not bad for 3 dogs. Mom's afraid what ours would be! Good idea, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For four dogs, that's not much. People always question you about your dogs, do you question them about their kids?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a good reminder of how much less expensive it is to feed little dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these kinds of posts! I want to do them but ours is so sporadic that we haven't really been tracking it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. $121 for four dogs, that's pretty awesome! I definitely over spend on my dogs, I'm afraid to tally it all up! Pretty profile shot!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Cathy, Isis & Phoebe
    www.dogsluvusandweluvthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's not bad for having four small dogs! I think I spend more than that on one big dog every month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool idea; thanks for sharing these expenses.

    And Nola looks super sexy!

    xox
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that total is great! It really is all relative, though. I'm kind of dreading calculating February's expenses, as Bruce had his yearly vet appointment this week...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!