Monday, February 16, 2015

Beach Day!

While most of the country is buried under snow, Nola and I visited the beach yesterday. While it was a bit chilly, I did manage to rock shorts and a tank top and get a slight sunburn. ;)

I just brought Nola this time, and I am glad I did! There were huge jellyfish washed up on the beach. Nola leaves it on cue, but I don't fully trust the others so I'm glad I didn't risk that. It was also very dirty (dog shit and cigarette butts...clean it up!!) and crowded (snowbirds, please leave now. I need a break from the tourists before summer sets in), so The She Devil didn't get much off leash time due to rowdy and rude dogs. Nola doesn't have a problem correcting rude dogs and doesn't back down from a fight, so it was more comfortable for me to have her on leash.


I brought my 55-200mm lens for the first time and got a few cool bird shots. I don't use that lens too terribly much, as I find it a bit nauseating. I like what I shot, though!

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

Huge, nasty jellyfish.









She's so damn cute. My god. <3








13 comments:

  1. That looks like a great day at the beach Nola, I am green with jellyness...or beige as a jellyfish! Whatever!
    It does look like funs and I wish I was there with you!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use some beach time about now! Some natural vitamin D would be a nice plus, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nola
    That looks like a good time at the beach :) We been enjoying the beach as well lately :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jellyfish ~ YUCK! Mommy said that they hurt when you tangle with them. We're glad you two had such a great day at the beach.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jellyfish, ugh. That would be bad to get a dog near. The bird photos are good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your warmth! I hate to tell you, but you are stuck with the snowbirds a bit longer as it is really, really, unseasonably cold here. We are on day 2 of -40 (F and C is the same at this point!)
    Please send some sunshine our way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos - what a great day!! Jellyfish freak me out. What's the remedy if a dog gets nailed by one?

    I was contacted by Sojo's letting me know I won - I couldn't believe it! I am so excited - thank you for doing the giveaway! Blueberry is just going to LOVE getting mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I lived near the ocean shore to visit a beach. Looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day. Mom stepped on one of those jellies, yuk
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beach is so different from ours - so beautiful in a different way. And yes, Nola, you are damned cute - especially when you pose standing on a log and you look like Shyla in the Rockies!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nola is so cute! I bet she really enjoyed having you all to herself! I like solo trips with the girls occasionally! I think it's good to get them out individually. I totally agree with you on the 55-200!!! It makes me a little nauseous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will be visiting the beach near us soon when the weather gets nicer, though unlike yours it is pebbly

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sand is so white and clean looking - ours always looks grubby and like builder's sand! Gorgeous pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!