Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Meet Lincoln

Hey, everyone! Today I would like to introduce to you the fourth and final member of my little crew:


This is Lincoln. He's an 8 week old black tri Mini Aussie, and Pike's full brother (their breeder goes by what the majority of reproductive vets are saying about it being healthier for a bitch to have litters back to back vs. skipping heats). I've been waiting on him since Pike came home nearly a year ago, and I'm so glad to have him. He couldn't be more amazing or perfect for our family! He is laid-back but active, already has great toy drive, isn't bossy (ehm, Nola) or reserved (Pike). He's very middle of the road, and he's already fitting in like a dream.
He's name after Lincoln Rhyme from Jeffery Deaver's books. It fits with his brother's name of Pike, from Robert Crais' Elvis Cole and Joe Pike novels. Olivia is after the little pig children's books, and Nola is obviously New Orleans.

After the mistake I made with the standard poodle puppy over the summer (yes, asshole haters, I made a mistake. However, I am not repeating it ever again, so you can shove your opinions where the sun doesn't shine, and go get the life you are desperately in need of), I've been extremely careful with both Olivia and Lincoln. It has paid off in a major way! Both of them are seamless additions into the family, and I couldn't be happier with the dogs I have.

Linc, as I usually call him, has been a dreamy puppy. He's a bit mouthy, but nothing like Demon Dachshund Nola was and still can be. He's had only one accident, and is for the most part completely silent in his crate. He loves to eat, and lives for fleece tug toys. He likes roughhousing with Olivia and snuggling with Nola, and has even managed to entice slow-to-warm-Pike to play on a few occasions. He's fearless, and jumped in the dog's pool/water bowl for a dip yesterday. He's enamored with our pig and the chickens, and loves kids. He's a snuggly guy, too!

If you're going to be rude, please don't comment. It'll just be deleted. If you're unsure of multiple puppies at once, go to my post here. Olivia is almost 6 and a half months old, and is completely house trained and has her basic manners down. Pike will be one in less than a month.

He might keep the blue eyes, at least partially. He carries the blue eyed tri gene.





Nola likes to watch his crate

This is how group photos are going so far...




Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

26 comments:

  1. Oh Lincoln, we think we're in LOVE! Aren't you just the cutest, little thing. We want to welcome you to Blogville and say congrat's on moving in with a GREAT family. You are going to have a lot of fun and we know that Miss Little Bossy Pants will keep you in line. (Love ya Nola!)

    We can't wait to hear and see more of ya. (Mommy is totally jealous.)

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased to meet you Lincoln and may I say yous just gorgeous!
    Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures sweetie
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Congrats on the new pup! I don't think that this counts as two puppies at once. There's a big difference between a baby and 6 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, how absolutely PRECIOUS. Congratulations on the new addition! I can't wait to see this little one grow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blogville, Lincoln!!! I live in a Pack of Ten so we think it's great that your Mommy adopted you. Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Lincoln ... aren't you adorable!! There is plenty of age different between everyone that I think its a perfect fit. And it sounds like he is the perfect fit for your pack. Loved the group shot ... Nola is looking around saying "hey guys mom wants a picture over here!". So excited to see him grow along with the rest (and I can't believe that Pike is going to be a year old, already).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dawg!!! Welcome Lincoln. What a beautiful crew
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My God...I want another Aussie puppy!! Look at that face!! And puppy breath!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haters? Really? Anyone who can raise an opinionated and active dachshund is definitely strong enough to raise two puppies. :)

    Lincoln is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Lincoln...you are totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, what a cutie! My mom says she would love to have another poodle-sibling for me...but just doesn't have to funds available for the care of another dog. She's amazing at how you do it, DM! Power to you!

    On a side note...Lincoln is just adorable! Well...all the dogs are! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's so cute! Congratulations!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's so cute. Glad he has fitted right in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gasp! Coo!!! So adorable! Sorry you had hateful comments. Really? Lame-o. I really love the name Lincoln! I'm always in awe of those that can handle multiple dogs and not just that - but train them as well as you do. I can barely handle one (I had 2 dogs once, and it was overwhelming for me at times). I can't think of a better home for any of them than with you and each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is an adorable addition! I have probably siblings (not totally sure) that are a year apart in age and I love it! It has been a perfect dynamic for our house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy Mates. First off welcome little Lincoln. You are adorable. Second, we think we have been under a rock cause we can't remember you having Olivia (or mum's brain is more coo coo than she thought). Our mum can't see a problem with two pups cause we are only 8 weeks apart in age and it's perfect for us. Good luck with the new addition mates. It will be all smiles over your side of the world for sure! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's adorable! So glad you found the perfect pup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lincoln is adorable, he looks like a mini border collie! So glad he fits in with the crew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our mom said something about wanting to eat little Lincoln up. He sure is a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOLY CRAP!!!!! Ma is sooooo jealous!!!! Lookie at your pack! I am so happy for you guys...looks like a family made in heaven!
    Congrats! And, welcome Linc!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome, Lincoln! You have quite the dynamic gang. Can't wait to watch him grow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is a cutie! Welcome, Lincoln!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  23. He is absolutely scrumptious!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!