Monday, January 19, 2015

Girls' Beach Day

This was Olivia's first trip to the beach, and for being on the cusp of entering a fear phase, she did wonderful! I've said it before and I'll say it again: having a well trained adult dog to show a puppy the ropes is amazing. Liv took so many cues from how Nola acted, and by the end of the walk (around 2-2.5 miles) she was perfect.

Not too many decent pictures this time. The snowbirds were down and being their usual obnoxious selves, and consequently the beach was full of trash. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're here. Working in the vacation industry tends to make you appreciate them! However, for the most part they're assholes who litter the beach worse than the college spring breakers. This isn't your home. Treat our beaches with respect, and it wouldn't kill you to say excuse me or thank you. Fuckers.



I also had a major case of hanger (when you get extremely, homicidally angry due to being hungry. It's a real thing.).









"I'd like to pose here."

"Ready?"

"Like a boss."




"She keeps treats right here!!"



The snowbirds were behind us. That water is funky due to the rain we've had.

Didn't stop Nola from explore it though.


Recalled.

Such good girls.


Liv even follows Nola's automatic stop and sit when I stop.





"You have got to buy this dog a striping knife."

"I see the snowbirds. Can I chase them like I chase the sea birds?"









The girls as so different. While the She Devil was off exploring the shells and water, chasing the birds and occasionally checking in.....

Livvy just wanted snuggles.

"Kiss ass."

What's this?! Nola fetching?!

Haha, no.

These next couple pictures illustrate what I was talking about with Nola teaching Olivia. They were in the middle of a heated game of chase;

I called them back, and Nola immediately turns and comes at me. Olivia was slowly to process this and kept going for a few steps.

Until she realized Nola wasn't in the game anymore and it was time to be serious.

Another fetching fake-out.







The end!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a luffly place to go walkies and..... with two gorgeous pups having a great time, you just can't beat it
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got the same issues with the snowbirds - great for the economy and hard on our nerves...

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Oh my hell, I get hanger too. That's funny the snowbirds there are trashy. It's quite the opposite here in Arizona, they all take pride in cleaning up their spots, and even clean roadside trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute!! I totally get the Hangry thing, too!! I was having a bad day and your pictures definitely cheered me up!! I love them all!! Olivia looks like she had fun!! Nola is beautiful. I really need to get to the beach!! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We adore the beach. It looks like you guys are showing the baby what fun the beach is, whooooa
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Liv had fun. We are very jealous of your sand and sun these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nola looks like an excellent teacher. I've seen the same thing with our foster pups following Honey's lead.

    Most humans don't teach nearly as efficiently as dogs do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pics. I love how Nola teaches the pups. If I brought my two to the beach, I think they would take off. Lol. I need to work with them more. Liv is a cutie! Nola noble as always and apparently a jokester when it comes to fetching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!