Thursday, January 29, 2015

52 Snapshots of Life: Week 5

5th Thursday, which is good enough for me!


Winter


Nikon D3300
35mm lens
1/1600
f/1.8
ISO 200
Auto WB

This is one of our eight new chicks. This one will grow up to lay blue or light green eggs; we have several of these already and their eggs are stunning!
Every mid to late winter we get a few chicks to help replenish the flock. It's too cold to get them most places just yet, but since North Florida is relatively warm (to some...it's cold as a well digger's asshole to me) chicks are for sale in most feed stores. It took me forever to come up with a photo for this prompt!

12 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Do the dogs bother the chicks (chickens, too)? My guys love to chase chase 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little chick! You'll have to share the colorful eggs when you get them. When I was teaching one of the students raised chicks every year, so she brought the incubator in and we hatched them in the classroom! Then the students took them to the special ed room and shared them with those students. Needless to say it was a highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberry has seen those chicks at the store and she has tried to go into their little tub to get some free chicken. I didn't realize you had chickens! Man, I bet it is great to have fresh eggs like that! And pretty colored ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love baby chicks. What a cute fluff ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe!! What a cutie! I will never forget the first time I took Zoe and Phoenix to the feed store and they saw chicks for the first time! They were very interested! LOL! We joked that they had learned where chicken nuggets come from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only one thing to say here. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cute! We had chickens when I was younger, and I really do miss them. Our HOA right now won't let us have them.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the EE's! I am so tempted to get some new chicks this year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!