Friday, December 12, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: SolvIt Deluxe Car Harness

* Fair warning for this post: I completely forgot to write this (thanks to my useless iPhone calendar), or take pictures of it on Pike or being used in the car. I haven't a clue where my brain has been, aside from somewhere in a lack of sleep addled fog!




Hey, everyone! A few weeks ago I was approached by Solvit Pet Products about doing a review of one of their products. After seeing one of the options was a car harness, I jumped at the chance! The Duo have been in need of new ones, as I was not in the least bit happy with their old ones and it's hard to find a nice harness for dogs as small as mine. I chose the Deluxe Car Safety Harness, and Solvit was generous enough to send one for Nola and one for Pike (this was pre-Olivia).


The Solvit Deluxe harness comes in four sizes: small (6-25lbs, 9-21" chest, 9-18" neck), medium (20-55lbs, 12-24" chest, 12-24" neck), large (45-85lbs, 15-33" chest, 15-27" chest) and extra large (60-120lbs, 18-40" chest, 18-32" neck).
It has been crash tested according to industry standards, as well as lengthy testing to ensure strength and durability.


You can attach it to your car's seatbelt with the included loop, or you can purchase a separate attachment that connects to the car's child seat anchors. If you have a larger dog, you can use the detachable loop as a leash if need be.

I loved how padded this is, and how adjustable. The dogs' old harnesses were simple straps of nylon that looked both uncomfortable and unsafe. This harnesses is padded at both the chest and the back, so there's no nasty chaffing. I like that it's narrow enough between the front legs to be comfortable, but not so narrow it's constantly shifting around.
Nola and Pike have very different body shapes (Nola's long and lean, where Pike is short and stocky), and this harness adjusted easily to accommodate both their shapes. I've even tried it on Olivia, and it fit her size of 6.5lbs.
It snaps at the top with a quick release buckle, and has a D ring to attach your leash to.You can use it as a walking harness, and it works quite well as that -no shifting! A huge problem with Nola's old car harness is how it sat just behind her elbows and rubbed and pinched. This sits flush to the body and doesn't move.





Looks bulky, but I'm lazy and didn't fold the straps back up.






Nicely padded.






I highly recommend them, and will be getting one for Olivia once she's fully grown. 5 stars.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

7 comments:

  1. I wish someone would make an easy fit harness, one that doesn't get the peeps confused 'cos then it takes them ages to work out how to fit it on me and I gets bored and wriggles! Then I gets told off, then I wriggles some more and so it goes on!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that the buckle is hard to open and close, is it?
    Ma saw this on GMA, and checked it out, was gonna get one, butts was concerned about the buckle. I do like the padding ~ my current car harness doesn't have any padding!
    I checked out their website and found that my local pet store carries them! So I can check them out. Thanks Nola!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD, I just checked....Chewy.com has them..on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nola sounds fantastic. Because we need one for Edward
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love solvit products. Nola is such a good model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like an awesome harness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! We will check them out also.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!