Friday, September 19, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Primal Jerky Chicken Chips

 Hey, everyone! Today I have a review for you courtesy of the always fabulous Chewy.com. If you've been reading us for a while, you know we're huge Chewy fans and always highly recommend them!


This time we're reviewing Primal Jerky Chicken Chips Treats. The single-source protein treats are made with organic, USA raised chicken and have just three ingredients: organic chicken, organic honey and sea salt.






They're slightly bigger than a half dollar, and come in a 5oz bag. The Duo adore them; in fact, they've become Pike's nighttime/go-to-your-crate treat. They have no unpleasant order or residue, and the bag is resealable.
They're a bit difficult to break into pieces small enough for my dogs, and I'm going to be upfront and say that they are insanely expensive at around $16 per 5oz bag, especially if your dogs are larger than mine. I could buy roughly two weeks worth of raw food for that much, so I can't say I'd personally buy them.







In a nut shell, they're tasty (according to the Duo; I can't say I've tried them myself ;)) with good ingredients, but are very, very expensive.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Good review. Not for us, we may try swallowing them whole
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do sound super healthy and tasty. I tend toward tiny treats, though, so I can give lots during training without making my dogs fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I'll have to look for these. Just about to place an order on Chewy as a matter of fact, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!