Friday, July 25, 2014

Vibes for Pike and Dachshund Nola Reviews: HouseBroken Clothing

     Hi, everyone! If you could send some vibes or power of the paw for Pike today, we'd really appreciate it. He goes in for his neuter this morning, but since he has cryptorchidism (click the link for info), it's a much more extensive surgery. Pike is a unilateral cryptorchid, so not only will he have a scrotal incision, he will have an abdominal incision as well. On top of that, one of his dewclaws has grown back and grown back incorrectly, so that will be taken care of, too.
Poor baby! I am an excellent nurse, and will take great care of my brother, but some good vibes would be wonderful!




     Today I have a review for you on HouseBroken Clothing: Fashion Graphic T-Shirts, but since this isn't something I can use myself (the nerve!), I'll turn it over to Mom.


     Thanks, Nola Boo. HouseBroken is a small, Floridian (love that!) business run by a husband and wife team. A portion of their profit goes directly to their local no-kill shelter, which is awesome!


     They offer a variety of different printed tee shirt designs for both men and women, as well as tank tops for women. Most of the designs feature animals, and they're all really unique and amusing. I was sent their Dachshund Tank Top, and it's quickly become one of my favorite shirts. 
Why? It is so, so soft! Even brand new, it was wonderfully soft, and now that it's been worn and washed a great deal it feels even better. 
It has a vintage look and feel to both the color, design, fit and feel, and that's something I really like as it fits well with my style. This tank top's straps and edges have an unfinished look to them, which works well with the shirt and is extremely comfortable. 
I'm 5' 7", 112lbs, with fairly big boobs for my otherwise rangy build. I picked a size small, and was surprised at how loose it was, even around the chest area. No big deal, as it kind of added to the vintage feel, but they do run large and loose. I wore it as a swimsuit cover up for a recent boat trip, and it was perfect.
I have to say though that the length of the shirt was my favorite thing of all though. I have a long torso, and combined with narrow hips and no butt and consequently having to constantly hike up slipping shorts, a lot of shirts leave a pretty substantial gap between shirt and shorts. This shirt was the perfect length.






     I highly recommend the company, and would definitely purchase from them in the future.

Kisses and Tail Wags and Hugs,
Dachshund Nola and Dachshund Mommy

14 comments:

  1. Poor Pike! You can bet we're crossing our paws for him (and for you too.) We know he'll be just fine and will be back home before you know it.

    Love the shirt!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is that puppy!
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Pike! Hopefully he will be feeling better soon!! Healing vibes sent!!

    The shirt is totally awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. All paws crossed here for Pike to do well. Poor little guy!

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor baby. We'll keep our paws crossed. Dui will go in next month sometime for his op....hopefully, he'll just have a simple one.

    You're going to be busy nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Pike! He'll be miserable for a while. I had a poodle one time that had crypto (can't remember how to spell it) and he did fine with the surgery. But little rascal had to go back for re-suturing because he pulled out his sutures. He had to wear the dreaded cone which was worse than the surgery for him! Hope Pike is up and going quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless Pike's heart. ♥♥ I hope that he does great. I love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sure hope Pike's surgery went well today. We will keep out paws crossed for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pike, I am sendin' you all the good vibes and AireZens I can muster dude!!!! Paws crossed tight over here!!! (and {{{hugs}}}} to your Moms, cause I know that she is probably on the verge of needin' a couple of margaritas!)
    Oh, I loves that Tshirt!! pawsome!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and Pike!

    That shirt is darling! I love soft cotton tees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PAwsitive thoughts headed to you and Pike!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of Pike. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positive thoughts for Pike! Love the shirt, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!