Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Food, Food, All The Food!

     Hi, all! I haven't done a food post in forever, so figured I'd do one today! I am still on home cooked, and I'm still doing absolutely fabulous on it. I eat about 3/4 cup a day, and am a 10.5lb high energy spayed female. Here's what's in my most recent batch of food, and this should last me 2-3 weeks:

- Ground turkey, cooked
- Sweet potato, cooked
- Carrots, raw
- Brocoli, raw
- Cauliflower, raw
- Peaches, raw
- Peas, cooked
- Chick peas, cooked
- Eggshells, ground
- Parsley
- Cinnamon

     This came out to about $20 and about an hour in prep. Every time it gets made it's switched up, including different meats (turkey, chicken, and beef are our norm, but I do get fish every other batch or so), fruits and veggies. Mom also alternates on which foods get cooked and which stay raw (save for the meat and potatoes - those are always cooked).








This is where I sit while Mom cooks. I'm hoping she'll slip me a bit of peach; it's THE most delicious thing ever.




Done!


    For supplements I take a multi vitamin, Cosiquien (that is more than likely misspelt) regular strength joint supplement, The Honest Kitchen Perfect Form, and coconut oil daily. Mom's going to be placing an order for more supplements soon, and when they arrive I'll post about that. I am in incredible health, and I'll never be put back on kibble.

     Pike is currently on Wellness CORE Grain Free Puppy kibble and the Honest Kitchen Force, but Mom just ordered some Orijen Puppy kibble for him from Chewy.com. He'll be staying on kibble until he's about 10 months old or so, then will be switched to my diet.
Rosa, provided she doesn't have any sensitivities, will start off on Wellness Just For Puppy, then move onto Orijen or something similar once she's 5 months old. After her first birthday, she'll go on home cooked, too.


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

11 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and nutritious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooooo yummy Nola! You are lucky that you get all those beautiful peaches. We've never tried them before, but sure would like to. Do you get a lot of gas & toot's from the raw broccoli and chick peas?

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I think all the fruit would horrify Harlow. We are also skeptical about Monty.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks super delicious! My momma made some peach sorbet the other day and gave me some as a special treat and it was awesome stuff! You are so lucky that you don't just get it as a special treat, but in your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh come on!! We want a personal chef
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah ~ I wants a personal chef too!!!! Gesh, that looks most FABulous Nola! I loves them peaches!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nola eats better than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! Jw have you ever considered trying raw? I hear great things about it.

    Also is there a reason you start out with Wellness and then switch to Orijen instead of starting with Orijen in the beginning?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!