Monday, June 9, 2014

Lights, (new) Camera, Action!

     Hi, all! Dachshund Mommy here. I'm so, so excited to share the news of my new camera! That's right, upgraded, baby! Got it on Thursday, and have been obsessed ever since. I didn't just get the camera though. Nope, I also have 3 new lenses, including one I've been drooling over for over a year.

     I picked a Nikon D3300 to replace my old and glitchy D3100, and went with a 18-55mm, a 55-200mm, and a 35mm f/1.8 lens, all Nikkor. NOT cheap, but I did get an awesome deal on the camera, so that lessen the blow a bit. ;p


    I haven't shot in manual in months, since that was one of the things that was broken on my old camera. I'm having so much fun with manual again! I'm a control freak, and I love the control photography gives you. And oh my god, the 35mm f/1.8 lens!!!! Incredible. Like I said, I've been lusting for one for quite a while. This lens allows you to get a really shallow depth of field (blurry background and bokeh, in essence), and gives such an incredible touch to your photos. This lens was used to shoot the above header, and that photo is one of my all time favorites.

     Enough babbling, now! Here are some of the photos from the new camera. Almost all were shot full manual, and 99% are with the 35mm lens.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy


God. She's so pretty.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to keep Pike from getting overexposed, and keeping Nola from going dark at the same time.



Yesterday's photo, in color.
























17 weeks old, 12.5" tall, about 7lbs, and no accidents in 2 weeks *knock on wood*

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Love what you're new camera is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great pictures. If I had to pick one favorite it is the one of the two of them in the white chair. Enjoy your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't know you can take even better pictures!!! Whoaa
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. They look like they are enjoying the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shots, congrats on the new camera. How fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a new camera! I loved these! Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome new camera. Getting new lenses is one of the best things in life, I think. I'm looking forward to what you post in the future as you really get used to your new equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I have a 50MM lens and it is similar in the depth of field and boca. It takes incredibly sharp pictures but I find it very hard to work with. I guess I need more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD! Those are FABulous!!!! I loves the depth of field in them, it just makes your (most lovely subjects!) pop!
    You guys are just sooooo cute!!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: CONGRATS on the new camera!!! Ma is jealous over here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!!!! Wonderful. I do love the f/1.8 effect. It's amazing. It is very tough having a light and a dark dog together. The Runner has talked about getting a yellow lab... Ruh roh for the photographer!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely, lovely! Congrats on the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures are all great; I feel like the dogs are real and want to reach and touch them. I'm looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL...Looks like you are having a blast!! I have a 3200 and love it! You are definitely rockin' the 35mm lens!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures. We need to get you to take our engagement pictures?? : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaahhh, so many gorgeous pictures! I love them all but I really love that one of Nola and Pike on the chair, you should frame that one. :)
    Congrats on the new camera and new lenses! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous shots! I love the use of props, those chairs are my absolute favourite colour.

    You have a good eye and as Marquie said you should frame one, or maybe more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these pictures are amazing! Crazy what a nice camera can do for quality!
    Love your little doxie, adorbs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!