Friday, June 20, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Pup Panache

    Hi, everyone! The relatives are still  here (DM: remember when I told you they'd only be here 10 days? Well, they lied. They aren't leaving until the 29th. Dear god. And no, as far as I am aware they don't even know I have a blog. But if they do...I'm beyond the point of caring at this point. I am that frazzled and drained by them), so today's review will be short and sweet.




     This review is for Pup Panache, an Etsy shop specializing in all things dog gear, from collars to leashes to harnesses to hats to backpacks. They have something for everyone! Here's a little about them:

I have been making things since I was a little girl and tried to recreate a dress I had outgrown. All my life I have purchased items for my dogs and realized that the design could be better or it could be more comfortable for the dog to wear. 

The economy has forced my husband and I to move around the country a lot in the past few years (Jon is a builder) and each time we have to move I lose a career. In Michigan, I taught Family and Consumer Science and English to high school students. In Arizona I owned a jewelry and glass art studio where we taught classes. I taught metalsmithing and fused glass.

Now, In Colorado, I have decided to build a business I can take wherever I go. I have always been a big dog enthusiast and we have four dogs. I spend a ton of money on them! I figured there must be others out there who want only the best for their furry friends so I set out to design the best dog gear on the planet. I think I have succeeded! My dogs love their Pup Panache gear and I love how stylish they look and how many people comment on their "outfits." 

As I design my items and shop around for supplies I keep a few important goals in mind. Firstly, everything has to be very comfortable for the dog. Also first is security -- I don't want my dogs to escape their collar or harness and run out in traffic! Second is style and design -- I want my dogs to look good wearing their Pup Panache gear. Finally, I look for durable products that are made in the USA if at all possible.

Hopefully you will love my dog gear as well! If you have any questions as you browse my listings please don't hesitate to contact me. I am happy to accept custom orders and I always love a challenge.





     I was sent their Swarvoski leather collar in black with blue and clear stones to review. I picked a 1.25" width going down to a 1/2" taper. The shop owner was really helpful to work with and was happy to customize the width for us.
The leather was a bit stiff upon arrival, but softened up with use. The D ring and buckle are very sturdy, and there's no black residue that comes off when you touch it, like some crappy collars have. The crystals didn't rattle around (do you have any idea how annoying it is when they do?), and it wasn't rough on the skin. The turn around was fast, and the customer service was quick, polite, and helpful. Always a huge plus! Your service makes your company, in our opinion.

     I did have issues with the amount of crystals on it, and the room to adjust. I have a tiny neck (10.5"), and since I am fit and my weigh does not fluctuate, it never changes. This collar had more room to adjust than it did design space. On a larger dog it might not be an issue, but when you're working with such a small space as is, it's a little frustrating. There was probably 2" of space to adjust, and while that's great on a growing puppy, not so much on a fit adult. There was so much extra  space that the end of the collar covered some of the already limited design. So, if you don't like much bling, are a growing pup, or a larger-than-me dog, this would be awesome for you! Pup Panache also has nylon collars if leather isn't your thing.



There's a Pike hair over my left eye.



     So, to finish it off, Pup Panache has great service, fair prices, fast turn around, and tons of designs, but limited design space for smaller dogs.

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

10 comments:

  1. We will check out the shop. Lookin good Nola. Relatives should stay in a hotel, BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH PEERRTTYYY, I like shiny!

    mason

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD, that is a lovely collar gurl!! Glittery...I likes shiny thingies...hehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful work. Nola's collar looks great on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collar! Perfect for Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snazzy! I am sure others have told you Nola, you really are the most snazzy, fashionista of a dog in the whole of Blogville I know!

    Lots of Woofs from Earl and I at Earl's World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty color and complements your shiny fur Nola. We had 7 relatives for a week at the beginning of the month and I just about collapsed. I cannot imagine doing it for that long. Seriously that is stressful, good for you to keep blogging anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a really cute collar.

    My in-laws stayed with us for a week over Christmas. Never. Again. I will pay to put them in a hotel. One, or maybe two days, I could probably suffer through...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That collar is really nice! Looks great on you! Sorry about the family woes. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are looking dashing in your collar, Nola! ;) Um.. my mama's parents JUST left our house after what they called a 'short visit' from California. They were here for 10 FULL DAYS! The time before, they thought they were here for an OK amount of time.. it was like a month. All to say, I totally understand your woes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!