Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beach Day + Photo Shoot With the 35mm

     Hi, everyone! On Father's Day, we went to the beach, just the peeps and I. It's usually pretty packed on the weekend, much less Father's Day, and since Pike is still a young and impressional puppy whose recall isn't yet 99% (DM: nothing and no one is 100%), he stayed home.
Mom brought both the 18-55mm lens for "regular" photos, and the 35mm for a photo shoot, which turned out pretty well!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Gotta roll in all the nasty seaweed, dontcha know.

Stand/stay

I've never seen this beach have so much seaweed on it.



It's hot!

It was even in the water. Mom says there's nothing quite as horrifying as swimming and having sea weed touch you.












It was up to my shoulders (11") deep.



My coloring has gotten really dark this year.


Can you see the sand in my mouth? I ate a bit trying to get to a crab.


Time to cool off!




Mom loves this one.






And this one, too. Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun. Mom is also not a fan of the sea weed slime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of seaweed! I've only been to an ocean beach twice, and I've never seen seaweed pile up like that! There has been lots of other things on the beach - most notably horseshoe crab shells - but never that! We love these new beach pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some buddy had special alone time with mom
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very nice, I can tell you are loving the new camera set up. And I agree with the swimming with the seaweed. It is yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is a lot of seaweed. Those are all great pictures of you Miss Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Nola. The photos are sharp n clear. You are making us think to change brand of camera. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great day out and you got to be the ONLY dog.

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy &Dui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Ma HATES the seaweed when it touches her!!! She tends to squeal and stuffs...embarassin'. You look FABulous (as usual) Nola!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures. And I agree, I hate having seaweed touch me while swimming. Shivers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics from your weekend, they're beautiful!
    In response to your question we don't have pet insurance although my husband and I have been thinking about it and have spoken about it a few times. It seems like a great idea if something were to happen to our shepherd or 2 cats but I haven't actually looked into the premiums for different insurance companies.

    I think insurance for pets who are predisposed for certain diseases should definitely get insurance as a preventative measure as was the case for a client of mine with a great dane. This dog was at the vets office at least once a month so I know he got his money's worth for his insurance. As for the rest of us with relatively healthy pets it may not be necessary although you never know and things may happen unexpectedly which is why we keep some money tucked away in case of emergencies with the fur balls.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!