Friday, May 16, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: The Honest Kitchen FORCE

     Hi, everyone! I have a quick review for you today featuring The Honest Kitchen's FORCE food and Perfect Form supplement. We are huge fans of THK here; in fact, if I wasn't on homemade I would be on THK. DM: The company is incredible, but the food speaks for itself. I can tell what's in it, I can SMELL what's in it, and I'd eat it myself without too terribly much coaxing.


     First up, the food.  It's grain free, and made with free range chicken and fresh fruits and veggies. It's 24% protein (DM: If I were to feed the Duo this, I would choose the Zeal for it's higher protein content). Once you mix it up, you can actually tell what's in it. It smells good, even to the peeps, and it's SUPER tasty!
Now, we don't eat this as our main diet. I'm on homemade food due to allergies and overall health benefits, and Pike is on Wellness puppy food for convince and proper development. Mom mixes up the food so it forms something like a paste, fills our Kong toys with it, and freezes them. Then we get them as treats. So good!

It comes in a cool wooden crate!







     Next up, the Perfect Form. I wouldn't touch it, no matter what Mom put it in. Pike liked it just fine, and while we didn't see any spectacular changes, it didn't upset his stomach at all.
5/5 stars for them both!


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

11 comments:

  1. We know how picky DM is with your food, so we're going to check out the Honest Kitchen next time we're at the store. It sounds really yummy!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys get Embark from The honest kitchen. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. We do know their treats are tasty
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try this food. It's a little out of my budget though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by try, I mean for my dogs. Just to clear the air a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nola, are you picky like Phody? Lee thinks everything sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Nola, great review. We haven't heard of that brand here in Oz, but possibly it's out there somewhere. Hope little Pike has settled in well. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful reviews. We met The Honest Kitchen reps at the conference and they were so helpful and friendly. We have several flavors to try. It does look just like human food. www.mkclinton.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good. Great review
    Wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Petal eats THK now that I'm living with friends and I don't have my own fridge/freezer to store homemade meals in. I also have a lot less time to make food now, so I turned to THK and am very happy with it! Petal eats Keen and Thrive. They're the two most budget friendly formulas and they don't have sweet potatoes (they give Petal the runs).
    Anyway, all that rambling just to say that I love this company. Great reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!