Monday, May 26, 2014

A Visit to Pike's Breeder's and Meet...

     Hi, everyone! Yesterday, the peeps, Pike and I went to visit Pike's breeder, and also to get Sweetie (my grandma) and Sugar's (my grandpa) new dog. Actually, he's mostly just Sugar's dog; Sugar has found his heart dog! DM: The heart dog bond is a beautiful thing. Nola is my heart dog, and I'm thrilled my dad has found his.
 He's a 4-5 (DM: can't remember which) Miniature American Shepherd, like Pike. He's a red tri, and is a little...special. You see, his breeder sold him to a family to work cattle on their ranch, which he did for several years. Sadly, not only did his owner die and the owner's children didn't want a dog so they returned him to his breeder, he got hurt by a cow. Kicked in the face, specifically. It damaged his left eye severely, leaving him totally blind on that side, caused some nerve damage to his face, and messed him up a bit in the head. Despite all that, he's a wonderful, sweet, tolerant dog. His name is Raoul.
You can see how his face is a bit sunken in on the side with the bad eye.

Before Mom groomed him
After.

He's 35lbs, although he's a bit overweight and should probably weigh more like 30lbs.

Freckled feet!











      Here are some pictures of Pike's mother, father and aunt and uncle (DM:I think, anyway. I may have heard that wrong!). There's no pictures of me or Pike with them, since Mom was more focused on keeping us behaving than getting group pictures.
Us on the way there.
This is Juliet. Mom adores her. She's a blue merle with copper and white trim.

Pike's dad, Momo. He's crated because he didn't get along with Raoul. He's a black tri.

Juliet again.

And again. Isn't she pretty?

Pike's dad.

Pike's mom, Possum. She's a blue merle with white trim, and no copper.

Juliet's brother, a red merle with white and copper trim.


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola 




12 comments:

  1. Great pics. Glad to hear about the breeder taking the dog back and that he's found a new forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nola & Pike
    It's always great to meet the family :) Raoul look like a very cute fellow :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of great looking dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous family of Pike's. Such a shame about Raoul but I'm so happy he has found a true furever home.

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartwarming story and wonderful pictures! I can see why all of you are captivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you and your dad have found your heart dogs. They are extra special. Pike has a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, we love the header...what teeth!

    And we're so happy that not only has Raoul found a new home, he is a HEART dog.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bunch of cuties and congrats on the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for your grandparent's new addition. I'm sure it will be good for all of them. I'm sure Raoul will be spoiled rotten in no time! Pike has a lovely family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD, this is so excitin'!!! Congrats to your Gpa for findin' Raoul! What a cutie patootie!!! I thinks he is special in a good way. And those other doggies ~ adorables!!
    I can see where Pike gets his FABulous looks!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finding your "heart dog" is definitely one of the most wonderful experiences ever!
    I am Mama's heart dog...we just "get" each other!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!