Tuesday, April 8, 2014

(Insert Catchy Travel Related Title Here)

     Hey, everyone! Dachshund Mommy here again today. I know; two days in a row! Nola's being generous, or so she'll have you think. ;) In reality, this is a "planning" type post, and little Kielbasa prefers action to plans.

Ignore her. I can be quiet studious and...planny. Or something.



     This fall, probably in mid-October or so, Nola and I will be going on a week long road trip! I'm super excited (and yes, already planing what collars to pack :p), even though it's a good ways off still. Where are we going? Well... I was kind of hoping y'all could help me with that. ;) There's no specific reason behind this trip, aside from just exploring and getting some awesome shots, and making memories and all that jazz, so I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it.
Do any of you have suggestions on where we should go? I have a few requirements, so if you can think of somewhere that fits them I'd love to here it!

  • Dog friendly. This is the number one thing!!! Not just a place that's okay with having dogs around, but a place with lots of stuff to do with your dog. Parks, beaches, shopping, restaurants, ect. 
  • Within a reasonable driving distance of north Florida. Say, 10 hours one way or so?
  • Beautiful with a warm feel to it. Kind of a vague description, I know, but I don't like cities that feel super...industrial. Yes, it's a city, but you get my meaning! Atlanta, for example, is a nice city, but I don't like how it's very urbane and industrial. Look at my top city choices below, and you'll see what I like.
  • That said, I would like to focus on places that have a medium to large sized city. 

    Currently, Savannah GA is at the very top of my list, followed closely by St. Augustine FL. Both are beautiful, warm, very dog friendly, good distance to travel, and have gorgeous historic areas. St. Augustine is one of my favorite cities in Florida, but I haven't been in a good while and Nola's never been. I've never seen Savannah, but I'm dying to!



     So if you have any suggestions, specific places like parks or shops or whatnot, let's here it!

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

12 comments:

  1. I could help you out if you were going to Britain but you're not so I'll sit back and see what others come up with. Have fun wherever you go! Love the new header BTW- awesome tag.

    Dina Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always come to visit us! Butt... We'll be more than 10 hours away by then ~ damn it all!!

    Our doggie furend Rudy and his Mom always vacation in St. Augustine and love how dog friendly it is. Garth Riley from the world according to garth riley always goes to (and loves) the Keys. We know you'll find the perfect place.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dawg!!!! We were going to say Savannah, Ga. When we saw Savannah mom said, Ha! Mom is planning to fly there soon
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, no help here. We have never been to that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dachshund Mommy: My vote is for St. Augustine! We LOVE St. Augustine. The whole town is dog-friendly, the beaches are dog-friendly, it is historic and it is such a pretty place. Even the State Park there, Anastasia State Park, is dog-friendly (we went camping there) for hiking and canoeing - dogs just can't go on the beach within the park because it is a protected beach (as are many state beaches).
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't traveled with the pups so can't help. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents go to Savannah regularly, they love it! You could take her into the Smokies, several cabins for rent are dog friendly. Unfortunately there are only a few trails in the actual park that allow dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you both enjoy your trip!
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you knows who you need to ask? Garth!! That is near his neck of the woods, and he travels everywheres and knows all the ins and outs of good doggie travel!
    http://theworldaccordingtogarthriley.blogspot.com/
    there is also a tab on top of this bloggie just for doggie travel and a linky to his facebook page where he is always checkin' in and will answer any questions you have!
    Good luck! Sounds like a FABulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been reading about some scotties visiting Savannah. Looks wonderful and DOG friendly.

    Love the tag in the header.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think you'll have a blast where ever you go! We just LOVED Austin, TX when we lived there...Mama says doggies are welcome everywhere...we know, cause we have been to all kinds of parks, restaurants and even night clubs!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dose sound like some pawsome choices. I's been to Amelia Island in Florida and we liked it - it seemed pretty dog friendly wif beautiful beaches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!