Friday, March 28, 2014

Review Day


     Hey, y'all! I have two reviews for you today, and the first one is on the Ruff Rider Roadie car harness.
After the whole scandal when the Center for Pet Safety announced their car harness crash test results last summer, Mom got rid of my old car harness since the brand failed CPS's test. You can see their full list here. I high suggest you take a look!
If you read over that report, you'll see that the Ruff Rider Roadie was one of the few brands to pass testing. The SleepyPod ClickIt actually came out fully on top, which is great...if you have a larger dog. SleepyPod, while technically offering a size that should fit a small dog, did not think of their harness design with small dogs in mind. The Roadie did.

    The Roadie comes in 7 sizes, you pretty much all dogs can fit in it! I am 10.5lbs, with a 15.5" girth and 10.5" neck, and I wear their smallest size. Sizing is a bit confusing; the company recommends ordering up a size if your dog is on the larger end of the sizing, but I actually fit better in the smaller harness, even though I'm on the upper end of the smallest size.



     I really, really love how the straps sit on the chest, and not on the neck at all. The straps come across the front of the body in an X shape. Makes Mom feel better that, in the event of a crash, nothing is on my neck to decapitate me! I do wish that the straps were wider (I think these are 1/2" wide, and I'd like 3/4" or wider) so that they wouldn't dig in the event of pulling.










     It's a very sturdy and comfortable harness, and the tether is long enough to leave me room to move a bit but keep me in the same place. There's two different spots you can thread the car seat belt through, so you can have less or more slack.




     4/5 stars!






     Up next is an awesome ID from the Etsy Poochy Couture (isn't that a great name?). Poochy Couture offers a huge selection of tags in varying shapes, colors, sizes and styles to fit every dog. They are VERY durable, but are light weight so they aren't obnoxious to your dog.

     Poochy Couture made me a customized aluminum tagline (not offered in the shop; shoot her a message and she'll make you one!) tag that has "Bringing Sexy Back" (DM: quite possibly my favorite of Miss Nola's tags) on the front, and my name and Mom's number on the back. It's a 1" tag, which is the perfect size for me. I love how you can have a tagline; they make your tag COMPLETELY unique! I have several tagline tags, with everything from "Got Minions?" to "Bourbon St. Beauty", but like Mom said, this is our favorite.






     They're incredibly well priced, to boot! I highly recommend them, and we'll be getting more from Poochy Couture in the future.


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

7 comments:

  1. Nola....
    I've been a stranger in these parts of Blogville--again!!--it feels so good to be back!! ;-D
    I love, love, love your new Header Picture!! ;op
    --Raelyn and Rose


    ReplyDelete
  2. Every thing looks great on Nola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother needs a harness I tell ya
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fun tags like those. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review Nola!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nola, your such a model! Looks superb.

    Don't forget to come by us today and pick up your Sunshine Award!!

    Lots of Woofs from Earl and I at Earls World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Yorkie is 10lbs with girth 15" and neck 10".Do you think I should go one size up or should I stick to the X-Small?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!