Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My First Wooded Off Leash Experience

     Hey, everyone! DM:Before I show you the pictures from my adventure the other day, I had a question on yesterday's post asking how I added the text and "stickers" to the St. Patrick's Day photo of Miss Nola. I used PicMonkey. I use it for all my editing, and I love it! Highly recommend it.




     A few days ago we went and visited the land Sweetie and Sugar are in the process of buying (eventually they'll put a house and farm on it; we'll keep you updated with that!). It's a large property, about 25 acres or so, and is completely wooded with oaks, pines, cypress and a crap ton of blueberry plants. It's pretty hilly and sloping for Florida, and it's really pretty!
I got to go off leash for the first time somewhere besides the beach! I did absolutely perfect, even though I'd never been, there were tons of smells and distractions, and I was my usual high energy self. I stayed by Mom's side when asked and went ahead when I was cued to do so. DM: I utilized her Recall and Radius training for this adventure, and I'm hugely relieved I took the time to teach that. 

Don't let my small size and passion for fashion fool you! I'm a tomboy at heart, and I'm not afraid to get dirty.



Muddy legs.


Practicing off leash heeling in a distracting environment.



Down/stay.



Hello there!







Recall and flying over a fallen tree.





Blueberry flowers

   






Kisses and Tail Wags and Hugs,
Dachshund Nola and Dachshund Mommy 

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun area, and a very fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that places looks like lots of fun to walk around and explore! When it warmer momma and I want to go hiking in lots of different places. She's not sure about me going off leash, though. Not yet, anyway. We have A LOT of training to do before that's an option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe you are roaming around without a string attached! What a big girl
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun! Nice to be off lead, eh?

    Lots of Woofs from Earl and I at Earls World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to explore. Running Free is just the greatest. You can sniff as long as you want without someone pulling on that lead.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds & looks like a ton of fun! I love that color of blue on you. Even tomboys like to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, love the flying shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nola, you are a great hiking companion!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wows, you did amazin' Nola!!! Me bein' a terrier, Ma doesn't have ANY trust in my recall!!! BOL Yeah, she's right, butts i don't thinks it has anything to do with me bein' a terrier...it's just me!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, NOLA! You were picture perfect! Looks like it was a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bet you loved that being a Dachshund. We never get off the lead, lucky girl!
    Dip adn Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun place to hang around at and explore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!