Thursday, March 13, 2014

52 Weeks of Nola: Week 9 and 10

   Sorry I didn't post last week! What with it being our 3 year blogivarsary and all, my week was just too full. But here we go! In my not so humble opinion, these are worth the wait. All photos shot with a Nikon D3100, 18-55mm Nikkor lens.


"Shine"

45mm
1/15
f/5.3
ISO 400


Total candid. I picked this for "shine", because that is exactly what Miss Nola's specialty is. I love the lighting in this, and how the cool background makes her warm toned fur and eyes contrast beautifully.


"Up Close" 

55mm
1/40
f/5.6
ISO 400



I love how this one's tones are all in the same color family, save for the blue sky and green trees reflected in Nola's eyes. You can probably tell, but I love photographing Miss Nola's eyes. They fascinate me; so soulful and such a rich color. You can see the intelligence and loyalty in her eyes.

9 comments:

  1. You have the best expressions
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Ma says all she sees in my eyes is trouble with a capital 'T' !!!
    ( I don't know WHAT she's talkin' abouts....)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, she makes a great subject.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one is a beautiful portrait.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nola, those are just gorgeous! Your eyes tell such a wonderful love story! <3
    Bark More, Growl Less Barking from the Bayou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these photos are just gorgeous. I love Nola's eyes, so incredible. I love the lighting in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!