Friday, February 28, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Collar Mania

    Hey, everyone! I have a review for you today on one of my favorite collar makers (and if you saw my Wordless Wednesday post this week, you'll know that's saying something!): Collar Mania! Aside from having a rockin' name, Collar Mania has the largest selection of collars I have ever seen. Girly girl? They've got you covered. Total boy? Got that, too. Neutral? Crazy? Classy? Funky? Just plain weird? It's all there! They also offer leashes and harnesses (I have my eye on a harness).


      Seriously, the number of designs, styles, materials and sizes is incredible. For materials, they offer:

  • Fabric
  • Minky (more on that below. It's INCREDIBLE)
  • Laminated fabric
  • Bling
  • Ribbon overlay
  • Nylon
  • Crypton, which is a very durable and stain resistant material
  • Vinyl overlay


    And for styles, they have:
  • Double bar buckles (what's usually on a leather collar)
  • Plastic quick release
  • Nickel/plastic hybrid quick release
  • Brass quick release
  • Nickel quick release
  • No buckle slide (slides to adjust, so you just slip it over the head and tighten to fit)
  • Martingale (two loops; big one goes over head, smaller one you clip the leash to. When the leash gets tight, loop gets smaller so your dog can't slip out)
  • Reduced loop martingale (same as above, but the loop that tightens is a smaller width than the one on the neck)
  • Chain martingale (like a regular martingale, but chain in the place of the smaller loop)


    And they can make your collar for any size neck, in the following widths depending on the material: 5/8", 3/4", 1'', 1.5" and 2".  They also offer different options for lining the collar if you dog has a sensitive neck like I do. Their prices are very reasonable, which is always a huge plus!



     I was sent a fabric no buckle slide that is 1" wide, and a Minky, also 1" wide no buckle slide. First I'll tell you about the fabric one, then I get to rave about the Minky. 
I picked a beautiful black fabric collar with purple and gold fleur de lis on it, with silver hardware. Lisa, the wonderful owner of Collar Mania, used a super soft purple fleece to line the collar since my neck is not only sensitive, but bald on the underside. DM: I was worried at first that fleece would be super bulky on Nola's tiny neck, but it's not at all. In fact, you can't even tell the collar is lined when Nola's wearing it! The fleece is very thin, so it's soft and there's absolutely no additional bulk. I really like it! 
This collar has been both comfortable on my sensitive skin, and very durable with my rough and tumble play. The hardware is secure, the stitching strong and durable, and the fabric has held up lovely. My name is embroidered on it, and that's also held up quite well.
While I don't care for the color of the embroidery, I think the font is beautiful!

That little ring on the side is for ID tags and is an optional feature.

Fleecey.










     Now, on to the Minky! OMD y'all, this stuff is incredible! You know those super soft, warm and cozy blankets that feel like heaven when you're wrapped up in them (I sure do, since I always steal Mom's. ;))? These collars are made with the same material. If your dog has a sensitive neck, this is THE collar for you. I can't even begin to describe how good these feel. DM: I will fully admit to touching on Nola's collar all the time, whether or not she's wearing it. It's that soft. I'm a tactile person, and I adore the feel of this Minky. 
Before Lisa sent it to me, I had on a nylon collar for a few days that made my neck red. As soon as Mom put on the Minky, it felt so much better! Within a few hours, the redness from the old collar was gone. 

Lined with satin



I love the color!





     You'd think these would be a "for looks only" collar, but it's surprisingly durable! Mine has held up wonderfully to my antics, and while I have yet to wash it, when they start getting yucky you can just throw it in the wash to let it air dry. 
I adore my Minky. It's quickly become my favorite non-leather collar, and I will definitely be getting more in the future!


     I give Collar Mania my highest rating of 5/5 stars and 2 paws up! Go on over and check them out!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

7 comments:

  1. Whats lovelys (and ladylike) collars! I'm thinkin of gettings one furs myself!
    Please pops by my place and takes a look at all the fabulous entries I've gots furs my Dress-Up Dog Contest!
    Big wet kisses,
    Enid : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look like nice collars :)
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those collars look very nice...especially that minky one! It looks like the material of the blanket at my poppa's house....so comfy and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen their collars on Facebook before. Glad to hear that they're comfortable. I've promised myself no more collars for a long while though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound terrific! Being a Basset Hound, all of the extra skin makes wearing a collar difficult. A nice soft lining might be just what we need. I'd love the minky, but he sheds so much that I'm afraid it would cling to the material. Have you had any problem? I'll definitely check them out so thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really nice but awfully thick. But with a high rating, I guess not
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Minky! I Love Minky! Never would of thought to have a collar made out of it, how clever and so soft! Beautiful collars. Thanks for the great review. I'll have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!