Friday, February 21, 2014

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Barks and Bites Co.

     Hi, everyone! Before I get to the review I have for y'all today, I'm very sad to say that sweet Daisy of Downunder Daisy lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Please stop by her blog, and leave her human and fur sisters some words of comfort. Run free, sweet Daisy. We miss you! Say hi to Charlotte for me.





     Today's review is for the Etsy shop Barks and Bites Co. Barks and Bites Co. makes adorable dog collars and leashes made of fabric reinforced with nylon webbing and have nickel plated hardware. That way, you don't have to worry about a plastic quick release buckle breaking! I've had that happen a couple of times (I think the FL heat contributes to the cracking, but who knows?), and that's why Mom has stopped getting me plastic quick release buckle collars. I'm rarely on a collar for walking, and when I am it's a martingale, but can you imagine how scary it'd be to have your plastic quick release break while you were walking your dog?!



    Barks and Bites offer several sizes, and if you need a different size they're very happy to work with you for custom sizing. You can choose either the nickel quick release or a martingale (1" and 1.5" only). They have some of the most adorable prints ever, and Mom spent a good 20 minutes picking out my collar.








PROS:
Adorable
Durable
Washable
Good service
USA company
Great prices
Engraving on the buckle available for an additional fee
Fast shipping
Tons of options
Custom sizing available

CONS:
Hm... nothing I can think of!



Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

PS: What do you think of my Mardi Gras header and profile? Check back on Monday for my behind the scenes post!

11 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear about Daisy. Will go over and pay my condolences to her family.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collar. I will check it out
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE are sooooooo sad about our dear furend Daisy.
    THAT is one of the prettiest collars you have ever shown us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words about Daisy. We're sure little Charlotte is there to show Daisy the ropes at the bridge.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella &L Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so very sorry to hear about Daisy...on a happier note, we just love your Mardi Gras header picture, can't wait to hear how it was done!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo (and Mama Beth)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna miss Sweet Daisy most terribly. Hugs to Bella Roxy and HER.
    Oh, I loves these collars! Ma says she's thinkin' of buyin' me a new one....I haven't had a new collar for a couple of YEARS!!! See, I'm a 'collar Houdini' and Ma rarely trust collars (that's why I wear two!! BOL), butts these look nice and sturdy. Goin' to check them outs now...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look very well made. I've had problems with the plastic buckles getting stuck. I have very weak fingers and when this happens I have to loosen the collar or harness to get the dog out (which is not easy when it is on the dog!). We'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if Nola was a bit more human, she would be a shoe person. She has more collars than any dog that I know! What a lucky girl and always so stylish. I love your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty new collar. Girl you must have the largest collar collection of any dog we know!!! Love the Mardi Gras header. You are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!