Tuesday, January 21, 2014

You Didn't Want to Sleep Here, Did You?

Oh you did? Too bad!



     DM: Thanks for all the comments on yesterday's post about our NextDog! To address a few of the comments and suggestions:

  • All the breeds I mentioned have energy levels I am more than capable of handling. We're an active family with active dogs (you're probably thinking I have no idea what active is since I have Dachshunds, but trust me on this. My crew need just as much activity as a young Lab), so energy level of the breeds listed isn't an issue.
  • Someone asked if I was sure Nola wasn't "too spoiled" for another dog. I'm going to ignore the implications of that comment, and simply remind everyone that Nola lives with three other dog. She's ring leader and head bitch, but she's very good with them and is extremely tolerant and accepting of puppies. 
  • Things like baying, grooming, drooling and shedding, while not ideal, aren't deal breakers for me. :)
  • Some breeds suggested were: Swedish Vallhund, Belgian Malinois, Australian Cattle Dog, Border Collie, Beagle, Airedale Terrier and Weimaraner.                 I personally LOVE the Swedish Vallhund, but they're such a rare breed here it'd be quite difficult to find one, especially in the time frame I'm wanting. Mals are beautiful dogs, but way too mouthy, drivy and snappy for me. I like the look of the ACD, and am looking further into them. Border Collies are lovely, but I'm not really a Border person. Beagles, while cute and a good size, just aren't my kind of dog and I don't personally care for the look. Airedales are a viable option, and I'm looking more into them as well. Weimaraners are actually on my list, just not posted!

    PS: Is anyone else having issues accessing their blog roll? I can few the first few blogs on it, but when I click the "show all" button nothing happens. POS.

14 comments:

  1. Hello! Standard Poodles are the best of all breeds! They have the smarts and very willing to do just about anything with you. Gypsy is a fantastic jumper. We have a jump set up in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORE that picture!!
    WE have been having LOTS of trouble with certain blogs NOT coming up when they POST... Some times we get 3 days worth at once... and did not KNOW we had missed two days worth. HOWEVER it DID start getting BETTER Yesterday. Don't know Why though... maybe Blogger fixed somethingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think you will find that perfect dog real soon. We can't wait to hear what you pick!

    Blogger is still being a royal pain in our butt! Still can't post any pictures and we don't know why.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am to spoiled too, but we are looking for a companion. I think Frankie was having issues accessing my blog
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pic. Yes, I'm having the same problem with Blogger as well. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have problems commenting sometimes. Sometimes a blog shows up on our blog roll, but then the post isn't there.......

    XXXOOODaisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our furiend NOLA is just too cute! No problems wif Blogger on our end but who know what tomorrow will bring! ;)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVES that pic Nola!! You look nice and cozy!! Well, I missed your postie yesterday, so I went and read it...I thinks you have some FABulous choices there! I, of course, am biased to the FABulous Airedales!!! hehehe I don't know how available they are in Florida thou. Ma had to get me from Wisconsin!! I think my other top two would be Weimaraners and Smooth Fox Terriers. Ma had two Wire Fox Terriers growin' up and they are fabulous doggies too! Good Luck!!
    Last week Blogger was a bugger to me, butt it hasn't (knock on wood) been too bad this week. Paws crossed it clears up!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was me who left the "spoiled" comment and I meant NOTHING bad by it. I have ONE CAT AND ONE DOG who are BOTH "spoiled" If I were to bring in another cat, I think my cat would have issues with it, the same holds true with my SPOILED DOG...it's not like I have multiple cats and multiple dogs. There was NOTHING implied.....I have always left you nothing but kind comments, always telling you how much I love your photos, etc.......what I WILL do is stop offering feedback when we are asked for our opinions. I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing how a "little" dog can take up so much space. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a good laugh - my dachshunds are very active and can keep me on my toes at times! Go with the Weimer, everyone I've every known that had them loved them. I've also heard people talk at the shows about what a fabulous breed they are! I can't wait to hear what you pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad indeed. First come first serve

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Looks like Mom will have to sleep at your feet. ;) Petal does the same thing and I swear she can magically stretch out to ten times her normal size, just to take up as much room as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!